What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which Hot Tub?  (Read 4635 times)

SoccerAOM

Which Hot Tub?
« on: November 02, 2004, 07:41:31 pm »
There are so many brands for hot tubs... which brand would you recommend.. based on performance and reliability?
Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Which Hot Tub?
« on: November 02, 2004, 07:41:31 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Which Hot Tub?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:24:46 pm »
That is a good question.  There are many of us on this site that have varying opinions but ultimately you will have to decide which spa fits YOU based on your needs.  Variables are:  size, budget, lounger vs no lounger, # of jets, etc....

There are many good choices in every price category.  You will need narrow it a bit and we can help with opinions on the final few choices.

I like Hot Spring, Artesian, Dimension One, Marquis, for quality and reliability.  There are many others.

Kind of like buying a car.    :) :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 09:27:04 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 08:58:50 pm »
after  reading thru these posts for  a few weeks you start to get a feel for the tubs you dont want.now find dealers for the tubs you do wish to find more about. get a feel for the dealers you would like to do business with.put all this info together and wet test some tubs. this worked for me. I have a tub i feel good about and a dealer i feel confident will look after me if something stupid happens. what could be easier.hydropool serenity 6000 for me. ....bobhol

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 09:15:09 pm »
Brands that have gotten good press here:
(not necessarily in this order)

HotSprings
Sundance
Dimension 1
Marquis
Jacuzzi Premium
MasterSpas
Beachcomber
Coleman
Dynasty

I'm sure other members will chime in with the ones I've missed.

Mark_3

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 09:28:20 am »
Find which of the dealers mentioned are located in your area.  Only YOU know how far you are willing to travel, service area should be considered.

Visit as many as you desire, it may take more than one day.  Get a feel for the dealers, products and costs.  The more you see and hear, the better you can narrow your choices.

Once you've made the rounds, you may be ready to eliminate some if your fortunate to have several choices.

Identify a manageable number (2-5?) to wet test.  Ideally you want to test the exact same spa model you are interested in, that may not be the case.   You may want to narrow your choices and wet test favorites a second time.

When you have it down to 2 or 3 models you should ge ready to negotiate.  If you fall in love with one model you dould lose your leverage, you have to be prepared
to walk away.  Just like buying a car with no Consumer Reports to help.

The three things that drove my purchase:  
1   How you feel about in the dealer (sales & service)
2   How you feel about the tub (features/quality)
3   How much you are prepared to spend (cost)

This is not going to be a quick process.  You are potentially looking at 3 to 4 visits to some dealers.
Take your time and find what feels right for you, there are lots for good brands out there.    

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 11:21:54 am »
My list (in alphabetical order only):

Caldera
D1
Hot Springs
Jacuzzi
Marquis
Sundance

There are others that warrant interest and certainly others to specifically avoid but I'd stick with the above.

Having said that, there are factors to weigh in such as whether you're comfortable with the dealer (their ability and willingness to service you), are you satisfied with the deal (remember, VALUE is key, not simply price) and by all means wet test if possible.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 12:43:18 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 12:30:55 pm »
I agree with the above posts that you really have to find a dealer that you're comfortable with as well.  You'll end up buying chemicals from them, maybe having service issues, so you want somebody you feel you can trust.

My top brands to shop would be

Jacuzzi Premium
Sundance
Hot Springs / Tiger River
Dimension One

These are brands that are available in Canada, so they don't include one's like Caldera or Artesian, which from this board, sound like good one's as well.  

I would also add that you'll probably end up buying from somebody that you actually like dealing with, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  

The main thing is, don't get stressed about the buying process, it's supposed to be fun !!  Write down things that you like about each tub, but know that each tub will have it's unique advantages over the others.

Happy Hunting.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 02:03:42 pm »
There are so many brands for hot tubs... which brand would you recommend.. based on performance and reliability?
Thanks,

Where do you live? Some of us might look up our favorite brand and tell you about the local dealer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 03:47:48 pm »
These are brands that are available in Canada, so they don't include one's like Caldera or Artesian, which from this board, sound like good one's as well.  

Caldera and Artesian are availible in the Great White North. I personnally know an Artesian delaer in London and some Pioneer stores are picking up Caldera.

Until 2004 Dimension 1 was virtually unheard of here in Ontario.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 06:03:28 pm »
Sorry, should have clarified, when I said Canada, I meant where I live in Canada, they aren't available.  (Calgary).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 06:03:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42