What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who delivered your spa?  (Read 18138 times)

Jordy

Re: Who delivered your spa?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 12:35:26 am »
At our Jacuzzi Dealership (Calgary, Alberta) we never use subcontractor's for delivery. We are too possesive and particular to trust anybody to care about this aspect of our business!!! Our service manager personally oversees every delivery (2 per day right now). Our delivery service includes all manpower required to place tub, fill, add chemicals and provide full orientation. Our labour crew stays busy raking and tidying up our clients yard while the tub is being filled. The entire process takes about 3-4 hrs. As an Dealer I just don't feel comfortable "subbing" any of this out. I don't want anyone getting between myself and my clients.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 12:35:26 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2004, 06:15:24 am »
That was kind of a diss to me ST but I have been purchasing tools and equipment for 3 different mechanical contractors for the last 22 years. The fact that I was not afraid to make my own delivery and even wanted to, should tell you that moving a hot tub for a guy in my industry was an easy one. I have machinery movers capable of moving up to 100 tons that can be steered, I have air cushion movers also up to 20 ton capacity, carts big and small and of every capacity imaginable, for everything from mud to concrete surfaces to non marring. When the question was asked I answered honestly. I appreciate your advice to others, but to under your breath say my tub move was not professional was wrong. I used a lift gate and a truck boom from the flat bed to the pad I built with 2 buds helping me swing it and position it. 2-4 inch x 16 foot nylon slings with a spreader bar to cradle it off the truck and swing it with one hand to the slab. Then simply set it down on  2x4 scraps the dealer set it on on the truck so I could get the straps under it to facilitate getting the straps out from under it and viola, done.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2004, 10:15:06 am »
That was kind of a diss to me ST but I have been purchasing tools and equipment for 3 different mechanical contractors for the last 22 years. The fact that I was not afraid to make my own delivery and even wanted to, should tell you that moving a hot tub for a guy in my industry was an easy one. I have machinery movers capable of moving up to 100 tons that can be steered, I have air cushion movers also up to 20 ton capacity, carts big and small and of every capacity imaginable, for everything from mud to concrete surfaces to non marring. When the question was asked I answered honestly. I appreciate your advice to others, but to under your breath say my tub move was not professional was wrong. I used a lift gate and a truck boom from the flat bed to the pad I built with 2 buds helping me swing it and position it. 2-4 inch x 16 foot nylon slings with a spreader bar to cradle it off the truck and swing it with one hand to the slab. Then simply set it down on  2x4 scraps the dealer set it on on the truck so I could get the straps under it to facilitate getting the straps out from under it and viola, done.

Roger,

You are the exception to the rule. Sounds to me like you MORE than had the right tools, and the know-how to do this. Just about every single customer of mine who has tried this on their own has had disasterous results. 'Course, I have yet to have a customer with any of the tools you mention: they usually just borrow or rent a pickup truck, a furniture dolly and then bring five friends over who each consume some minimum-requirement of adult beverages prior to starting the move...

BTW the spa dolly mentioned above is wonderful. I have three of them for sale: we are trying to upgrade to the newer version.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2004, 03:36:34 pm »
That was kind of a diss to me ST... The fact that I was not afraid to make my own delivery and even wanted to, should tell you that moving a hot tub for a guy in my industry was an easy one.  I appreciate your advice to others, but to under your breath say my tub move was not professional was wrong.

Relax, Tman- ;) my post wasnt out to 'diss' you or to claim what you did was unprofessional. Many consumers will pick up and install their own hot tub- And how you chose to get it done is fine- the dynamic though, is quite different when its someone that IS doing work in the industry, claims to be a spa professional while they neither possess the equipment nor experience to do the job right. Anyone who skid/humps a spa across a customers yard on cardboard in my view is totally fair game. THEY are the target of my ire and scrutiny, not you. :'( Sorry if I offended you.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2004, 03:59:04 pm »
We rent one of our spa dolly's out to the "do it yourself" crowd with an insurance and liability waiver.

That being said, no amount of common sense or similar experience is going to teach you where you can lift or not lift and where you can push or not push from brand to brand and model to model. There is a far greater potential for a novice to damage the spa than not.

I have used contractors many times in the past and would use them again if I could find someone with the same vision and ethics that I try to instill in my own employees. If a contractor is used then the dealership needs to be on the phone to the customer before, during and after the delivery to make sure things are handled. The contractors job is to install the equipment with skill, the dealerships job is to instill the confidence with customer service......

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2004, 04:55:46 am »
I saw pictures of a spa riding the rails of a dodge pickup to who knows where and then getting slid down off the rails with some boards to the ground. I think you know who?

Forgiven ST. I was having a bad day. The camper is winterized, all the batterys are out and stored, the lower unit on the boat is drained, and all it's batterys removed, it's blocked up off the wheels and the 2 are side by side awaiting my winter tarp to hold them safe under the multitudes of snow storms that are about to engulf Northern Minnesota. It hasn't stopped raining for what seems months, the grouse hunting trails and roads to them are mud ruts that seem bottomless. And we are very busy at work, thank god for the soaks after work.

And I am about sick of this presidential thing everyones talking about.
Retired

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2004, 05:32:03 am »
I saw pictures of a spa riding the rails of a dodge pickup to who knows where and then getting slid down off the rails with some boards to the ground. I think you know who?

Forgiven ST. I was having a bad day. The camper is winterized, all the batterys are out and stored, the lower unit on the boat is drained, and all it's batterys removed, it's blocked up off the wheels and the 2 are side by side awaiting my winter tarp to hold them safe under the multitudes of snow storms that are about to engulf Northern Minnesota. It hasn't stopped raining for what seems months, the grouse hunting trails and roads to them are mud ruts that seem bottomless. And we are very busy at work, thank god for the soaks after work.

Sky is blue... Grass is green....

Breath in.....   Breath out......

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2004, 06:50:08 am »

AMEN Brother!!!  I'm so glad I don't live in a swing state, glad I wasn't in New Mexico to watch TV!!!

:P
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2004, 07:18:27 am »

AMEN Brother!!!  I'm so glad I don't live in a swing state, glad I wasn't in New Mexico to watch TV!!!

:P

Last night in prime time TV, I only saw one commercial that wasn't politicial and I can't even remember what it was. Some of the commercials on the local level were so bad you just want to hunt down the authors and ........  Well, I better not put that in writing.   6:30 am this morning 250 people in line, and no place to park!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 07:19:12 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2004, 10:28:49 am »
I live in a swing state.  It's been interesting to say the least.  I'm just glad to be rid of those non stop adds.
I swear last night that's all that was on TV.  
Stop the madness!!!
Brewman
Brewman

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2004, 11:55:13 am »
I live in a swing state.

Wow....a state full of swingers!.....groooovy man!.....sounds like hot tub heaven! ;D ;D

The best TV tonight will be The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Comedy Central at 10:00 p.m. EST.  He's doing it live so it should be a real hoot.......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2004, 12:05:20 pm »
JS makes politics fun dosen't he?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2004, 12:49:26 pm »
Our worst adds have been for the Senate Seat.  Sheesh, I'll be glad when they quit running the ads here.  Last night, this morning, and even on the radio, all day long, they are about the only things running.  I'll be happy when the inane car commercials are the most irritating ads on!!!  ;D

poolboy34

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2004, 12:54:15 pm »
Best political satire this year so far was last weeks South Park episode..........classic.  Thank god I don't live in a swing state.  It looks like its gonna be another barn burner like back in 2000............

Lori

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2004, 01:05:11 pm »
Best political satire this year so far was last weeks South Park episode..........classic.  Thank god I don't live in a swing state.  It looks like its gonna be another barn burner like back in 2000............

I'm with you there!!!  It was a great one!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2004, 01:05:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42