What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brilliance question for Chas  (Read 2748 times)

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Brilliance question for Chas
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:49:18 am »
Chas,  I read earlier you are using Brilliance in your spa.  I am using Baqua and many problems.  We are going to drain and refill our Tiger River Caspian today.  Going to Hot Springs Dealear in Michigan today to buy new chemicals.  They are recommending Nature 2, but I do believe I seen Brilliance there also.  Wondering why they did not recommend Brilliance to me?  Do you recommend Brilliance over Nature 2?  We do not have a ozone system in our spa, do we need one with Brilliance? Also do you recommend ozone ??   Thanks for all the input you give to this form.  Lynnette :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

Brilliance question for Chas
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:49:18 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Brilliance question for Chas
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 09:36:40 am »
First off I am not Chas, but I have played him on TV.

I do beleive Brilliance is bromine. You do not need ozone with it. Likewise with the Nature II, no need for ozone. There are many on this forum that will recommend that you use ozone with either system, not needed though. With Nature II you will still need dichlor and or MPS.

HTM
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 10:52:21 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 12:15:57 pm »
I think I remember that.  Didn't you play 'Chas in Charge'.?

Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 03:10:49 pm »
Chas,  I read earlier you are using Brilliance in your spa.  I am using Baqua and many problems.  We are going to drain and refill our Tiger River Caspian today.  Going to Hot Springs Dealear in Michigan today to buy new chemicals.  They are recommending Nature 2, but I do believe I seen Brilliance there also.  Wondering why they did not recommend Brilliance to me?  Do you recommend Brilliance over Nature 2?  We do not have a ozone system in our spa, do we need one with Brilliance? Also do you recommend ozone ??   Thanks for all the input you give to this form.  Lynnette :) :)

Hello Lynette,

I like Brilliance. I went ahead and put an ozone system in my most recent tub - and I have a Nature2 cartridge in one filter - and I use Dichlor. That works well, by the way. But I have used Brilliance before - I ran it for almost half a year and loved it. I don't think I'll bother with the ozone and N2 on my new spa: I have all the Brilliance stuff still here at the house and I plan on using it. ( We get a new tub each year).

Brilliance easy, less expensive than Baqua, simpler. You don't need ozone with it, and you can't use Nature2 with bromine of any kind.

If your dealer doesn't have it, don't substitute tablet bromine: it has nasty, destructive habits.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 07:19:35 am »
Thanks to all who answer my questions.  We changed the water yesterday no chemicals in it yet, going to dealer today after work.  Will let you know which one we are going with.  Thanks again. Lynnette

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 07:51:05 am »
Hi Lynette

We just switched over to Brilliance from Baqua.  I got a form from my dealer which allows me to get some type of reimbursement for switching from Baqua to Brilliance.
Not sure of what this entails yet, other than I fill out the form, and show copies of reciepts for Baqua products totalling $50 or more, dated within the past year.  Our dealer was able to pull the reciepts out of their computer.  Maybe you could do similar, if you end up going with Brilliance.  Brilliance and Baqua are made by the same company.  They must get enough complaints on Baqua that they have this program.  
Good luck with whatever you choose.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 07:51:33 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 09:36:56 am »
Brewman brought up a great point: some Baqua dealers are participating in a program in which Baqua will guarantee satisfaction. If you don't like Baqua, take in your unused portions and your receipts, fill out a form, and you can get some money towards Brilliance.

Caveats:
Not all dealers participate. I don't, but I do offer to help if somebody has tried Baqua and doesn't like it.

You have to turn in receipts for a certain amount of Baqua purchases over a specified period of time. This doesn't do you any good if you were given Baqua at startup of a new spa purchase - but your dealer may (should) be willing to help you out in that case.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 10:20:09 am »
My dealer has a rack of these reimbursement forms displayed right between the Baqua and Brilliance.  
I seem to meet the base requirements as outlined on the form.  I'll send it in, and see what happens.  

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 10:20:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42