What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Floating from seats and swimsuits  (Read 3709 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Floating from seats and swimsuits
« on: October 30, 2004, 09:22:25 am »
Floating from seats, especially loungers, is a common occurance and has a direct effect on opinions formed during wet tests.  For those who are wet testing, here's a little tidbit:  the tendency to float is somewhat offset when soaking "au naturale"--skin has a tendency to be somewhat "sticky" when in contact with acrylic as opposed to the "slickness" of swimsuit material (especially the nylon types).  This tends to prevent floating to a degree.  And certainly you will be soaking sans suit once your spa is installed.........if not, it is highly recommended!  One caveat......don't try this during the wet test!  One thing you may want to try is using a swimsuit with a material that is not so slick.....maybe 100% cotton is better?  Or maybe just discretely adjusting your suit (aka giving yourself a "wedgie") and trying that.......(sorry, some visuals may not be intended for young audiences).

Anyway, more random thoughts during early morning soaks (sans suit, of course!)........
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Floating from seats and swimsuits
« on: October 30, 2004, 09:22:25 am »

salesdvl

Re: Floating from seats and swimsuits
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 11:15:51 am »
I dont know Dog, the idea of telling my customer's to give themselves a "wedgie" somehow doesn't seem right.  How would that go?

"I seem to be floating out of this seat"

" Well Mrs. Roley Poley, try grabbing the back of your swimsuit and giving it good strong yank so it disappears into that Grand Canyon of yours then maybe the tremendous amount of square footage of skin you have on your ass will be able to make contact with the shell and hold you in place."

Maybe I need to work on my delivery a bit.   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 11:20:19 am »
Ya.  Not sure how you could 'soft sell' that one salesdvl.  At any rate, thanks for the good laugh on a Saturday morning.   ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 02:27:17 pm »
Why a wedgie? Why not just "moon" the lounger?
Homeworks Financing Representative

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 05:08:00 pm »
hmmmmmmmmmm.....
Measure once, cut twice.

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
Re: Floating
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 05:21:43 pm »
When you turn the jets on, the water's opacity can make it possible to briefly (so to speak) ditch your shorts (even half way) without conflict with any public nudity laws. This doesn't work as well for women with a one piece suit. :)  I don't know how this would sit with dealers. But if nobody sees, no foul, right? It really does make a difference has far as floating and getting pushed around the tub.

steve771

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 06:08:22 pm »
rotflmao, salesdvl!  ;D  If you ever DO give that pitch, tape it, it would be worth big bucks!  :D

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 06:18:57 pm »
Tape, what a great idea.  

"Here Mrs. Poley, lets stretch this duct tape across your head, there, that should hold your carcass down.  Ooops, sorry Mr. Poley, I didnt realize you were wearing a toupee'.  Let me get that for you.  Oh Geeze why did Hot Spring have to have 100% filtration.  You know... you can put these filters in the dish washer."
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 11:18:32 pm »
I'm just sayin.
;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 12:24:55 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 12:45:43 pm »
WHHHOOOAAAA!  Got me guffawing again!  Actually, salesdvl, I really wasn't suggesting that a retailer suggest this to customers.....this was more of a wet tester oriented suggestion.......

And, man, I'm sure all dealers have seen some wet testers better seen with as many clothes on as possible!

Thanks once again for the great laugh!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 10:16:52 pm »
my pleasure
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 10:16:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42