What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice - Indiana-Illinois Dealer & Brands  (Read 7086 times)

Mark_3

Advice - Indiana-Illinois Dealer & Brands
« on: October 22, 2004, 05:27:53 pm »
I'm asking for anyone with experience in this market for advice on a hot tub purchase. I live in rural western Indiana and am already realize I must travel. I live an hour from Indy.

Who ever said there is so much posted on forums that it makes your head hurt was right! But this is the only way to go. The more I learn the less I know.  :o

I've done a preliminary look at Hot Spring (& Tiger River), Cal Spas, Sundance (& Sweetwater), Royal Spas & Jacuzzi Premium. I have quotes for $5-6000 on seating for 4-6 w/ adds.

I'm look to find the right dealer(s) in my area (West central IND - East central ILL ) with a good product and then I think I can find the best tub for me. (In no particular order) quality, value, price, reliablilty, warranty, service and of course how it feels are my primary concerns.

I thought I knew what I wanted, but as a read the boards, just about ever company has people (customers?) that are strongly against them. It makes me feel really hinky when I consider the $$$ involved.

So please HELP! I don't want to screw this up! If you have PERSONAL experience/know a dealer I need to check out.

I'm not interested in the pitches from certain folks out there, you know who you are and so do we. After reading the posts for a litle while it is soooo obvious.

As Jack Webb used to say " . . . the facts, ma'am, just the facts".
Thanks for your assistance (& I await your wisdom).  

Hot Tub Forum

Advice - Indiana-Illinois Dealer & Brands
« on: October 22, 2004, 05:27:53 pm »

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: Advice - Indiana-Illinois Dealer & Brands
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 05:52:30 pm »
I'll re-post my earlier post I did for somebody looking at similar lines to you.  I just received (2 weeks ago) a Jacuzzi J-345.  

Hot Springs - had a Hot spot (entry level line) and older Classic.  Like the general idea, however they've priced themselves out of our market here.  (canada)  A Vanguard, which is their 7 foot tub (approx), is running $ 3500 more than my comparably equipped Jacuzzi.  I appreciate HS will say there's a big difference, but to the non dealer type, I don't notice it.  They're great if you can afford it however.  My friend has a Grandee, and it's spectacular, but again, I don't know that it's worth 30-40% more than mine.

Jacuzzi - I'll say only Jacuzzi, not Sundance (Jacuzzi owns them both)  My J-345 is outstanding.  Great jet power (they have propietary air jets), great foot room in footwell, very comfortable.  Again, mine was easily 3K less than the similar Hot Springs.  Love the coastal cabinet w/ Sahara shell.  We have a new Jacuzzi dealer here who I knew from my previous buying days, so I was very comfortable buying from him.  Great product, great value - definitely check them out.

The other thing I would have added for your benefit:
Tiger River - good possibility for me as well, but limited colour selections.  Hot Springs could have fit into my budget, however it would have been their Prodigy, which is probably a 25% smaller tub than the J-345.

Sweetwater - looked closely at, but Jaczuzzi seemed to be the better choice (Jacuzzi owns Sundance and Sweetwater)

Best bet, as you'll see here all the time is take the time to wet test.  If you can line some up right after one another, it's great because you can immediately see differences in tubs.  

Happy Shopping !!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 06:04:10 pm »
wanna hear from me again?  ;)
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 06:24:52 pm »
I've done a preliminary look at Hot Spring (& Tiger River), Cal Spas, Sundance (& Sweetwater), Royal Spas & Jacuzzi Premium. I have quotes for $5-6000 on seating for 4-6 w/ adds.

Check out Wisoki for your Jacuzzi considerations since he's close by to you. Otherwise I'd say Hot Spring and Sundance get good reviews, Royal seems to get less stellar reviews from the few posts I've seen relative to them and reviews for Cal Spas form those in the industry and form Cal Spas owners usually include the phrase "Run Away!".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 06:59:50 pm »

Check out Wisoki for your Jacuzzi considerations since he's close by to you. Otherwise I'd say Hot Spring and Sundance get good reviews, Royal seems to get less stellar reviews from the few posts I've seen relative to them and reviews for Cal Spas form those in the industry and form Cal Spas owners usually include the phrase "Run Away!".

Is Wisoki selling Jacuzzi?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 07:44:50 pm »

Is Wisoki selling Jacuzzi?

Click on his web link and all of your qustions will be answered.

HotTubMan ;D ;D :D :D ;) ;)
Homeworks Financing Representative

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 08:04:41 pm »
Stay away from Cal Spas.....their horrid customer service, reputation and craftsmanship  precedes them. See my post titled: Take My Cal Spa.....Please.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 08:33:55 pm »
Hot Spring, sundance, Jacuzzi are all good brands and you should be able to find a model to fit your needs.

I'm a Marquis dealer and know that there is a good dealer in Indianapolis.  You might also check them out.

good Luck in your shopping.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 11:05:05 pm »
My vote's for Wisoki
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 11:39:34 pm »
I don't know wisoki, but if he's a good guy selling a good spa,go for it!!! :P

Mark_3

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 10:01:34 am »
Thanks for all the responses so far!  Your remarks have been helpful and mirror my intial take.  I haven't found a Marquis dealer yet.  Are there any other dealers around here the are recommended, I should see.

So you guys thing Wisoki's trustworthy?  When I typed his zip in the JP web site, it came up to the Indy dealer though.   ;D

Max78

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 10:33:48 am »
Hi Mark.  I live in your area and have sent you a private message about my shopping experience.  Good luck to you!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 01:48:04 pm »
Facts, as of Feb. of 2004 I was no longer an "authorized" Jacuzzi dealer. At that time I had an inventory of 18 Jacuzzi spas to un load, while at the same time bringing in the new line, Catalina. As soon as the dealer agrement is not renewed, Jacuzzi pulls you off their dealer locater. As of August I still had 5 Jacuzzi spas to sell. It was state fair time, so I took them and the Cats to the fair. I had my jacuzzi and Catalina banners up. The other Jacuzzi dealer was there too. Two days into the show I received a fedex package from jacuzzi's corperate office stating that I was in violation of their copy right laws by displaying their logo. I filed it, and carried on. The next day There was a lawyer and the area rep standing out side my booth with a ONEHUNDRED page lawsuit about to be filed if I didn't emediatly remove the Jacuzzi banners. I have kept coppies of all this stuff, for nostalgia I suppose, but this is not the type of company or people I wish to deal with. I do still however have a few hundred customers with Jacuzzi brand spas that I am still doing the warranty work for. As I tell my customers when they call for service. It doesn't matter that I am no longer an "authorized" dealer, you are MY customers NOT jacuzzi's. As for my web site, that is being reconstructed. Those a$$ O's at corperate JPS almost made me look like a liar on my own web site. Any how, that's the long and short of it.  

Thanks for all the responses so far!  Your remarks have been helpful and mirror my intial take.  I haven't found a Marquis dealer yet.  Are there any other dealers around here the are recommended, I should see.

So you guys thing Wisoki's trustworthy?  When I typed his zip in the JP web site, it came up to the Indy dealer though.   ;D

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 02:02:01 pm »
All of us here respect Wisoki and his helpful posts.  He has proven to us that he knows what he is talking about.  A good guy and well informative.  I don't think you could go wrong.  If we had heard of any bad experiences, we would raz him a bit.  Plus you always know how to get a hold of him ;D  Do a profile search and look at his past posts.  You will see what I mean.
¿

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 04:05:05 pm »
I agree with Rocket.  I would also add that I would stay away from Royal Spa.  They are very old cheap technology but not cheap prices.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 04:05:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42