What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Question for Dealers.  (Read 18222 times)

suzieq

Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« on: October 28, 2004, 04:59:02 pm »
I have a question for the dealer of Dimension One tubs. I'd like to send a PM to somone about my question, but do not know who the dealers are on this forum.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« on: October 28, 2004, 04:59:02 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 05:23:42 pm »
I can name four D-1 dealers. Myself, Stuart, Wetone and Poolboy34. PM away!

Why not ask your question so that everyone can learn?

HotTubMan
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 05:25:43 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

suzieq

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 07:21:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I didn't realize what time it was when I started the thread and I had a wake to attend tonight. Sorry.

I asked about sending a PM because my question has to do with pricing and I kind of got the impression that pricing was a touchy subject here. But since you said to go ahead and ask in the public thread, here it is.

We looked at a D-1 Chairman and Diplomat and have scheduled a wet test on both tubs. How much of a difference in price is there between the shell with the lifetime warranty and the one with the 7 year warranty?

Thanks and if you don't want to post that info, send me a PM.

Sue.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 07:22:22 pm by suzieq »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 07:26:30 pm »
This will sound odd but, UltraLife is usually less expensive than the "Pearl Essecents" shells. We don't charge an upgrade for UltraLife as we think it is the best way to go  :)

suzieq

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 07:34:08 pm »
This will sound odd but, UltraLife is usually less expensive than the "Pearl Essecents" shells. We don't charge an upgrade for UltraLife as we think it is the best way to go  :)

Really?  That does sound odd.  I mean I would be getting a slightly "lesser" quality material and a shorter warranty, but not pay less (or more for the better shell)?

Hmmm....

The problem is that I don't like the white at all. It will show any dirt that might get in the tub, my guess is that there will be a "ring" of sorts over time, and I would also think that it would be more likely to stain if something gets spilled - like red wine, maybe?

Interesting...............

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 07:35:21 pm »

Stuart is right UL is the better material. So why doesn't it cost more? Simple, economies of scale. If I was to start spa manufacturing tomorrow, thermal plastic would most certainly cost me more to produce.

HTM

suzieq

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 07:44:46 pm »
So....are you telling me that I could actually pay MORE for the "Pearl Essecents" shell? Or that they would be the same price?

Stop laughing........I'm BLONDE, OK? ?

LOL  ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 07:45:35 pm by suzieq »

poolboy34

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 07:49:23 pm »
The reason the Platinum and Blue Galaxy shells cost more then the Ultralife is due to the fact that the material they are made out of is more expensive at this time b/c it's not in high demand yet.  D-1 just started offering the weatherpro shells on it's reflections line of spas this year, so i would say withing a year or two all of the shell options will be the same price.  The Granitex and ultra-life shells *should* be the same price, I know they are for us.  As for the staining - The white doesn't stain like people think or will lead you to believe.  The ultra-life shell is a non-textured non-slip surface that is VERY easy to clean.  Have your dealer show you how easy it is to clean.  BTW both of those spas are good choices.  You might want to also check out the chairman II as well b/c it offers a lot more bang for your buck, and isn't all that much more then the chairman.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Spas Dealer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 07:52:12 pm »

Really?  That does sound odd.  I mean I would be getting a slightly "lesser" quality material and a shorter warranty, but not pay less (or more for the better shell)?

Hmmm....

The problem is that I don't like the white at all. It will show any dirt that might get in the tub, my guess is that there will be a "ring" of sorts over time, and I would also think that it would be more likely to stain if something gets spilled - like red wine, maybe?

Interesting...............

One of the things I explain to many customers is that I'm getting into this thing naked (just pretend I look like Tom Cruise, it will make it easier ;)) so I pretty much want to know if it's dirty! Why on earth would anyone want to "hide" dirt in a spa? Just because you can't see the scum line doesn't mean its not there.....

UltraLife will not stain, in fact it's guaranteed to not stain, red wine or not! Besides, white looks much cooler with the lights!

Here's another thought, the color of major appliances has gone from white to harvest gold, back to white, then to avocado, back to white, then to black, back to white, then to stainless and finally back to white. See a trend here? A spa is a major appliance.....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 07:52:57 pm »
I'm not a D1 dealer, and I don't play one on TV. But I sell HotSpring spas, and they offer a white thermoplastic shell. It is not harder to live with. This material is not porus like a fabric or other product - so it doesn't absorb stains. If it shows dirt more, most peopl find that to be a plus: if you can see the dirt, you can wipe if off. If you can't see it, it gets into the water and clouds things up.

No matter what color you end up with, you are not going to want to let dirty people around it or in it....
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

suzieq

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 07:54:05 pm »
Hi Jason,

We looked at the Chairman II but the dealer said it was $1000 more than the regular Chairman and the "sports seat" and the extra movable headrest isn't worth the extra $$. At least I don't think so.

Does the $1K sound right to you?

Sue.......Hot Tub Owner to be.    ;D

suzieq

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 07:58:27 pm »
One of the things I explain to many customers is that I'm getting into this thing naked (just pretend I look like Tom Cruise, it will make it easier ;)) so I pretty much want to know if it's dirty! Why on earth would anyone want to "hide" dirt in a spa? Just because you can't see the scum line doesn't mean its not there.....

UltraLife will not stain, in fact it's guaranteed to not stain, red wine or not! Besides, white looks much cooler with the lights!

Here's another thought, the color of major appliances has gone from white to harvest gold, back to white, then to avocado, back to white, then to black, back to white, then to stainless and finally back to white. See a trend here? A spa is a major appliance.....

I never thought about it (not you looking like Tom) but you're right. If I saw the dirt I would clean it right away, if I didn't then..................

And the lights would show up better on white............

An appliance?  Hmmmmmm.............will it make dinner too?

Thanks for the info.....it all makes sense.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 07:59:48 pm »
Hi Jason,

We looked at the Chairman II but the dealer said it was $1000 more than the regular Chairman and the "sports seat" and the extra movable headrest isn't worth the extra $$. At least I don't think so.

Does the $1K sound right to you?

Sue.......Hot Tub Owner to be.    ;D

SuzieQ;

You left out one very important feature on the Chairman II, the dynamic jet sequencer. IMHO that feature alone is worth the extra $1K, let alone the other features you mentioned.

suzieq

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 08:03:21 pm »

SuzieQ;

You left out one very important feature on the Chairman II, the dynamic jet sequencer. IMHO that feature alone is worth the extra $1K, let alone the other features you mentioned.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It was nice.

suzieq

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 08:26:25 pm »
Well, I gotta get going.

Thanks for the information and I'll let you know what we decide to do.

later.........

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 08:26:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42