What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranties  (Read 5906 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Warranties
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 12:14:25 am »
I would have to agree with stuart (your so smart) :P

Where the heck have you been!?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 12:14:25 am »

autoplay

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 01:01:24 am »
The sun can damage just about any spa if the tub is left empty and uncovered on a warm day in direct sun. Many makers mention this in the owner's manual, warranty and on stickers/decals on the tub itself and some even add stickers to the wrapping.

I have seen this happen on brand new spas when there is construction going on or for some other reason my delivery crew leaves the tub wrapped, and some third party unwraps it at a later date - but doesn't know to cover it.  The spas I have dealt with  in this regard - at least the HotSpring tubs -  had one or two large bubble rise, and they were repaired by borrowing a special tool kit from the factory.

My understanding..........Is that sun bleaching a spa is necessary in every continent except the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And WB Chas. I woulda commented earlier.....but was on a 4 day cruise,testing out the salt water hot tubs while floating around in the Caribbean. CHLORINE BEING SALINE BASED,is it necessary to use a sanitizer in salt water?

Headin to bed,BBL

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 06:31:29 pm »

My understanding..........Is that sun bleaching a spa is necessary in every continent except the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And WB Chas. I woulda commented earlier.....but was on a 4 day cruise,testing out the salt water hot tubs while floating around in the Caribbean. CHLORINE BEING SALINE BASED,is it necessary to use a sanitizer in salt water?

Headin to bed,BBL

Autoplay;

Not sure if you were kidding about sanitizing and salt water, but this question comes up alot:

"do you have a spa with a salt water system?"

The answer is no. To my knowledge there is no spa offering a salt water system. The salt would play havoc on the heater and ball bearings. Most manufacturers state that the use of sodium hypochloride would void their warranty.

I have more comments regaring this but I think I will start a new thread.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 06:35:19 pm »
please do.... I'm getting the same questions.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 07:52:05 pm »
Again, Stuart has written a correct response to the question asked.  What a sharp guy!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 07:52:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42