What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Equipment cabinet?  (Read 3409 times)

steve771

Equipment cabinet?
« on: October 27, 2004, 01:09:00 pm »
Does anyone have any suggestions on a plastic cabinet and where I might pick one up?  I tried Walmart, but such things seem out of season right now.  I'd like something kinda tall (maybe 4 feet or so) and 3 feet wide to hold all the spa stuff.

Hot Tub Forum

Equipment cabinet?
« on: October 27, 2004, 01:09:00 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Equipment cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 01:16:30 pm »
We've got this place called "Home Depot" that carries large versions of what I think you're looking for.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 01:44:19 pm »
Depending on how much stuff you have, Target had one on sale that doubles as a deck bench.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 02:22:45 pm »
Remember, DO NOT STORE LIQUIDS OUTSIDE WITH TEMPERATURES BELOW FREEZING. Clarifiers, scales inhibitors, two-part bromine systems etc...
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 03:04:45 pm »
Remember, DO NOT STORE LIQUIDS OUTSIDE WITH TEMPERATURES BELOW FREEZING. Clarifiers, scales inhibitors, two-part bromine systems etc...

Good advise but didn't you mean ootside!? ;D ;D 8)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 03:17:10 pm »
I saw one last summer at Target, and it could be used as a step. It was around $80.00

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 03:54:02 pm »

Good idea.  Would temp extremes be harmful to granular products as well?  I'm considering the same type of cabinet located on my deck for spa chems/stuff but not my Taylor Test Kit--figure I should keep the reagents temp controlled.  Being in Florida, I'm more concerned about hot summer temps than freezing winter temps.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

nicker

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 04:09:02 pm »
unless you live in a warm climate I agree with the others about storeing products outside.  Even in hot climates I would advise against it.  If it gets humit or damp any granulars could harden together and possible begin to break down as they do in the spa.

We keep ours indoors very close to the patio doors.  They are in a very nice decorative basket that closes.   You may want to consider somthing like that...that would go with your decor indoors.  Safer place and dryer.

Good luck

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 07:32:29 am »
We've been storing our daily chems in a plastic bin near the spa.  We decided for the winter to pre-measure our MPS which we put in before every use into empty film containers to make it quicker to get in the spa!

steve771

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 11:38:50 am »
Well, temps in the desert southwest get chilly (even freezing), but only for very brief periods.  And the dryness here wouldn't create the issues of humidity.  I really like the idea of outdoor storage, maybe I'll just stick with smaller amounts so as to limit potential problems. Thanks for the input, I'll check around some more.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 11:38:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42