What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa buying advice, TR vs Gulf Coast  (Read 3843 times)

VTX1800

Spa buying advice, TR vs Gulf Coast
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:37:33 pm »
Guys, I am a newbie and need honest advice.
I have $5000 to spend, and am looking at the Gulf Coast Boca Grande for $4800 plus $200 delivery, and the much smaller , Tiger River Caspian for $6100 delivered.
The GC has features like a $10k tub, but I am worried about reliability! Someone familiar to the mechanic of the GC tell me what the history of this tub is? The Caspian is half the size, but, I't really not what I want.
Someone else know of a good competitor who has a similiar spa and price like GC, but well recommended on this forum?
Thanks,
Confused in Jacksonville

Hot Tub Forum

Spa buying advice, TR vs Gulf Coast
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:37:33 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Spa buying advice, TR vs Gulf Coast
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 06:41:28 pm »
The TR will be more reliable and better backed from a very good spa manufacturer.  You'll be ahppier over the long haul.  

If there is a Marquis dealer in the area, take a look at the Everyday Hot Tub model 530 or 636.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 06:49:13 pm »
My advice is to keep shopping.  I would not get the Gulf Coast.  Generally not well regarded by the industry.  If the Caspian is not what you want then do not buy it ( I am a TR dealer btw)   I would also suggest the Artesian Island series Captiva.  We carry that model and if you got the 38 jet version with 2 jet pumps and a circ pump you should be right at your $5000 target.  Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

mnspaseller

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 09:03:21 pm »
The warranty on the Gulf Coast in our area is from what I've seen is a "Tail Light Warranty"  Once the delivery guy leaves, and you can't see the tail lights, there goes your warranty.  I'm not sure where you live, but I would recommend Diamante Spas or Artesian Spas, I've sold both brands, so I have some info if needed.....Good luck!
I live in the Twin Cities (MN)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 10:12:13 pm »
Guys, I am a newbie and need honest advice.
I have $5000 to spend, and am looking at the Gulf Coast Boca Grande for $4800 plus $200 delivery, and the much smaller , Tiger River Caspian for $6100 delivered.

These aren't even in the same class for engineering! the TR is a whole lot more spa! The price of that GC alone should tell you that they are cutting corners somewhere!
The GC has features like a $10k tub, but I am worried about reliability!

Features maybe, quality, no way! Good call being worried about reliability....
Someone familiar to the mechanic of the GC tell me what the history of this tub is? The Caspian is half the size, but, I't really not what I want.

Not what you what because of size, feature or what?
Someone else know of a good competitor who has a similiar spa and price like GC, but well recommended on this forum?

Thanks,
Confused in Jacksonville

Take a look at the Marquis Everyday series model 636 or the D1 @home series model Sojourn HP or Dream HP. Both are fairly high rated.

Not to sound harsh but you’re either looking for a very large high quality spa or you’re looking to spend around $5000. I don't think both is an option.......

Keep shopping, don't rush into it there are a lot of good spas out there.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 10:38:29 pm »
Before I bought my Jacuzzi I looked at the Diamantes and the guy spoked so fast did not undersatand a word that he was sayong.The cost of the spa was $6000 and while i was leavig the store he was saying that he will give it too me for $5600.The spa had 3 pumps 60 jets 5 years labor so he says.Anyway about 3 months after i got my Jacuzzi that company does not carry Diamante anymore....Wondering why?Stick with someone that has been selling a brand for years and not months ..Jt :-*

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 08:14:33 am »
We have the Tiger River Caspian since July 2004.  You are getting a great price, we paid in Michigan $7100.  We love our Caspian, jets are great, lots of room.  Tiger River have a great warranity and very good insulation.  I fell your best buy would be the Caspian, you won't be sorry.  Lynnette

VTX1800

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 07:33:19 pm »
Just got back from looking at TR Caspian,
Everyday 636 and Sweetwater Bahia. (BTW, I never can connect with the Gulf Coast guy, he is always busy, but I will give his spa the go over tomorrow).

Here is what I got..
Bahia $5500 plus ozenator
Caspian $6100
636 $6675

All included standard covers, free delivery.
None had water in them, so no testing jets, etc.
I really like the 636 alot, but for $1000 less, the Bahia is a great choice.

#1) I have never tried a lounger, and am concerned about floating. Anyone have this spa and can tell me if they use the lounger?
#2) What is a good price anyone has paid on a 636?
I would go with the 636 if I could get them down to the Bahia price range.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 07:33:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42