What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spa info  (Read 4000 times)

salesdvl

Coast Spa info
« on: October 26, 2004, 08:10:12 pm »
Hey can I get some feedback on Coast Spas.  I just had a customer in to test soak my spas and said he had one more appointment to soak in a Coast Spa.  That dealer is not very close to me so I haven't had a run in with them yet.  Appreciate anything you all can give me.  thanks.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Spa info
« on: October 26, 2004, 08:10:12 pm »

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
Re: Coast Spa info
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 10:47:24 pm »
I know a little about them as there is a Coast Spa dealer about a half block from where I work. From what I understand, Coast was organized by individuals who left Cal Spas. I DO know about Cal Spas as I'm having issues with them concerning replacement of my defective shell. I don't know how much of the Cal Spas mentality and "craftsmanship" has carried over into Coast.
Here is a link to the Coast Spas site:

http://www.coastspas.com/

I looked at them when I started having issues with my Cal Spa and they seem to be built pretty well, have a decent warranty by todays standards and appear to be competitively priced. They have about 20 different models with jet packages from 8 up to 50.
I haven't read much about them (positive or negative) on any of the boards or forums, so I can't speak to the longevity or quality over time.
If anyone has any technical or otherwise valuable information to share, please post as I am interested also.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 11:02:59 pm by Yorag »

spaguyohio

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 09:11:44 am »
Coast Spas here in the Cleveland area is sold by two off duty cops, and one retired postal worker out of a Self Storage site. They offer no wet tests, no warranty work, but like they tell you a great bang for the buck.  I wasnt impressed.

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 09:35:29 am »
Is there not a Gulf Coast Spa and a Coast Spa? If so I think one may not have issues.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 09:44:29 am »
Sounds like Spaguyohio is referring to Gulf Coast, although he may be referring to Coast.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

spaguyohio

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 11:08:38 am »
Its the same co. right off the link that was posted.

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 11:26:54 am »
I didnt realize that Gulf Coast & Coast were the same thing.  I have heard that "Gulf " Coast has some quality issues with cabinets.  I heard about a guy in St. Louis that said that they have to ship extra cabinet panels with every spa shipment because the cabinets always crack.
Measure once, cut twice.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 11:37:51 am »
I just helped a customer of mine sell his Coast outright so he could buy a Coleman from me.

He had a few issues such as jets popping out. His main complaint was the comfort of the spa. The neck jets were not adjustable and when on, sprayed water in their ears. He bought it at the fair and didn't wet test in it.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 11:39:34 am »
I didnt realize that Gulf Coast & Coast were the same thing.  I have heard that "Gulf " Coast has some quality issues with cabinets.  I heard about a guy in St. Louis that said that they have to ship extra cabinet panels with every spa shipment because the cabinets always crack.

They are not the same. SpaGuyOhio was stating that the operation out of the warehouse (sounds like Gulf-Coast style) was in fact the same manufacturer as the URL link above. I just thought he was confused. He was confirming that he is not.

Gulf Coast is out of Clearwater FL. Coast is out of B.C., Canada.
Gulf-Coast is TP. Coast is FF.

Sorry I made this thread a little confuing, I hope this clears it up.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 02:00:02 pm »
thanks alot for the info everyone.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 02:00:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42