What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chas needs help - off topic  ::)  (Read 7236 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Chas needs help - off topic  ::)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 08:38:34 pm »
You have no idea how many times I have sat at my computer asking myself "is mccall going to take a jab at this or do I have to! ;D ;D

I don't know whether to say congratulations on your 1000th post or recommend that you get a life, or at least a hobby! ;)

Now wait a sec - I only see 987. By my calculations, that means he still has 13 to go.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 08:38:34 pm »

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
Re: Chas needs help - off topic Ê::)
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 08:52:11 pm »
Hi Chas,

Sounds like the Cherokee has Jeep's Command-Trac 4x4 system.  The part-time light means that the 4x4 system is engaged, but you only want to use the part-time system on slippery surfaces.  You'll notice that if you have this system engaged and try to turn corners, you'll get tire scrubbing, skidding, or a bouncing motion from your front tires.  This is because this 4x4 system locks all four wheels into turning at the same rate, and the inside tires need to turn at a lower rate than the outside ones in a turn.  If you're in snow or mud, you probably wouldn't notice this issue (and it won't cause damage) because the system can handle the tire scrubbing better on a slippery surface.  On dry pavement, this could cause damage to the hubs, axles, or transfer case.  

Other versions of Jeep's 4x4 systems (such as Selec-Trac or Quadra-Trac) will have a "full time" mode where you can run it on dry pavement because there's a differential that allows the wheels to turn at different speeds.  

Only use 4-Lo offroad or if you're stuck in snow or mud.  Your max speed should be about 20-25 miles an hour in this mode due to the lower gearing.  Never use this mode on pavement.  You may find that it's easier to shift into 4-Lo if you're moving slowly, like 1-3 MPH.  

Finally, you may want to check out the message boards at
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/  -another place I hang out sometimes to learn about my Jeep.

Good luck!

Todd

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 09:45:07 pm »
Thanks Todd.

See ya in the mud....  ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 11:57:39 am »
You have no idea how many times I have sat at my computer asking myself "is mccall going to take a jab at this or do I have to! ;D ;D

I don't know whether to say congratulations on your 1000th post or recommend that you get a life, or at least a hobby! ;)

Maybe a real job, my life is full and I have plenty of hobbies. Most of my post come between 7:30am and 4:30pm for some reason
;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 07:30:14 pm »

Maybe a real job, my life is full and I have plenty of hobbies. Most of my post come between 7:30am and 4:30pm for some reason
 ;)

I started here in June and am already at almost 400 posts. I guess that means I need more hobbies! Owning a business is like having several jobs!

I just wanted to add that your informative posts and constant humor is greatly appreciated by me! :D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004, 07:41:41 pm »

;)

I started here in June and am already at almost 400 posts. I guess that means I need more hobbies! Owning a business is like having several jobs!

I just wanted to add that your informative posts and constant humor is greatly appreciated by me! :D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 01:38:07 pm »

I started here around the same time Stuart, I guess if I didn't have that newborn I would have 400 posts too!

Man, what a bunch of wind bags, must be salesmen....

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 01:38:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42