What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To the regulars  (Read 5406 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
To the regulars
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:01:47 pm »
While we are finally rid of Jim's Mr. Happy persona it seems there was a cost. Chas apparently was the one who posed as some type of pseudo Mr Happy to make light of the ridiculous actions of the Spa Deceptionist and the moderator thought it was not OK and has banned him.

I understand the moderator's desire to control his/her site but under the circumstances I can't agree banning Chas is in anyone's best interest. I for one think this site loses without guys like Chas. This site needs him as well as guys like Stuart, Wisoki, Brewman, Dr. Spa, Tony, etc. (sorry I can't name everyone) to make this site the positive place it is for the general public.

I am ONLY speaking for myself but I’ll take a page from Ghandi and will NOT post on this site as long as Chas is banned.

Adios,
ST (tuo)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

To the regulars
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:01:47 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: To the regulars
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 08:16:27 pm »
Chas is an icon on this board so I to will step out until they reinstate him! It was a joke and need not be punished by taking him off with all that he does.

SEE YA!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 12:14:27 am by stuart »

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 09:23:11 pm »
Guys, don't abandon this board. Your input is needed. Is there some way we we members here can help get him reinstated?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 09:36:05 pm »
Yes we can PM ht-mod and tell hime to reinstate chas.
If you click "Memebers" you will see he/she is member #2. Click on the name. Then you can PM.

Better yet:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=;action=viewprofile;username=ht%2Dmod

PM.
Homeworks Financing Representative

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 09:51:32 pm »
Hmm...it's gonna be pretty slow around here without all that wind. I too would hope the moderator would tally up the years of experience about to leave the board and reconsider her/his decision...

Spanotsohappy :'(

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 09:57:13 pm »
Done.

Yes we can PM ht-mod and tell hime to reinstate chas.
If you click "Memebers" you will see he/she is member #2. Click on the name. Then you can PM.

Better yet:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=;action=viewprofile;username=ht%2Dmod

PM.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 10:07:15 pm »
Well that certainly seems silly! Presumably such extra logins were either obvious or light-hearted.

Hope to see you back, Chas. (As opposed to Chas_is_back).

-Ed

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 11:14:20 pm »
Where or who  did you hear from that he was banned Spatech?
Not that I don't believe ya but it seems a more than a little trigger happy. I know the HTMod isn't much of a communicator here but surely he realizes Chas' continued support of this forum any many others? ???

Then again....maybe I shouldn't be shocked... ;)
I will follow suit also. I guess it would be a whole lot of questions but not many answers 'round here? ;D

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 11:25:55 pm »
Thanks to one and all for your words and concern - let me explain what happened and where things stand: it's actually OK, and a little humorous.

Mr. Happy was driving us all nuts. I have no idea who it was, but we all seem to be thinking of the same person.....

Then he was banned, to the delight of all.

I thought it would be 'cute' to sign on as "Mr. Sappy," and make some funny, positive comments, since MH seemed to be mostly negative and unfunny. I made a few posts in which I poked fun at HotSpring spas, and a couple in which I poked fun at myself….

Well, the moderator must either have no sense of humor, OR - and this would be the biggest irony of all- they may very well be having the last laugh on me!! I suppose they also could have simply been in a hurry, and not read the obviously ridiculous things I was writing – and just noted the similar name.

Anyway, when they shut down my main point of access, I could no longer get on as my real self to PM or appologize or anything. I have found other ways to get onto the board, and I am still willing to offer what help I can.

And I solemnly swear not to do it again, unless I notify the moderator in advance....  ;) ;)
But I still have several IPs which are dead- perhaps we could do something about that?? ::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 11:43:23 pm »
Chas you have my support.

I have PM the Moderator.

You have been an essential participant to this board for a long time.

I have come to appreciate your knowlegable and fair postings.

Sincerely,  ZzTop

John B.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 11:59:12 pm by ZzTop »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 12:03:54 am »
Heee's baacckk!

Hey Chas, look what you did! You drug Steve out of the shadows! Good to see us all pulling together! :D :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 12:29:27 am »
Heee's baacckk!

Hey Chas, look what you did! You drug Steve out of the shadows! Good to see us all pulling together! :D :D

Yes! I am truly humbled and honored. Thanks to one and all - except of course the moderator.... ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 12:45:18 am »
Yes! I am truly humbled and honored. Thanks to one and all - except of course the moderator.... ;)

Don't be to hard on them, I'm sure they will work it out.

I honestly believe they were looking out for us I wouldn't get to upset unless they don't reinstate your privileges.

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 01:23:47 am »
Chas,

Your IP was banned because the moderators thought you were Mr. Sappy.  It is now lifted.

-Admin

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 01:46:09 am »
Chas,

Your IP was banned because the moderators thought you were Mr. Sappy.  It is now lifted.

-Admin

Hooray   Chas is off of Death Row !!!!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 02:03:35 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 01:46:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42