What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: problem with new tub dealer will not  help  (Read 5159 times)

ricket

problem with new tub dealer will not  help
« on: October 21, 2004, 05:46:44 pm »
my dynasty is two weeks old now and i have had a problem with three of the jets since i have had it they will not stay in when i went to the dealer monday with my three jets the owner of the place waited on me and i politely told him my problem with the three jets not staying in and two others that will not turn at all he got very defensive and proceded to tell me i didnt know how to put the jets back in right and the other two jets was not suppose to turn, he did not ask me what type tub i had or how old it was i then told him and he took me to the showroom and was going to prove me wrong on the other two jets that wouldnt turn he reached in one that had water in it and told me you cannot turn these jets you are talking about and i then tried them and they turn and he proceded to tell me he could not turn them then i tried again and they turned now i am getting pissed he continued to disagree then he ask one of his employees and they told him the jets in question was suppose to turn then after he seen he made an ass of himself he said will i dont know much about dynasty tubs now he is the owner and he ask what chemical i was useing and i told him spa gaurd bromine grainular form then he started again with they dont make bromine in powder form i finally walked away from this jerk after another employee told him that they did make itthe salesman that sold me the tub said that he would see to it that i get my tub fixed but that call i was suppose to get the next day hasent came yet can anyone give me any advice what i should do in this case? they sell tanning beds also and had planned on getting one for my wife at christmas but not from him now i kind of got this sick feeling now for buying from them how can i get my tub fixed?  tahnks

Hot Tub Forum

problem with new tub dealer will not  help
« on: October 21, 2004, 05:46:44 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: problem with new tub dealer will not  help
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 05:57:23 pm »
I would give them one more chance to respond. From how you describe the owner, well he sounds like a jerk or hopefully just someone having a bad day. Never the less, if you do not get results after your next call, contact the manufacturer.
Homeworks Financing Representative

ricket

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 08:11:14 pm »
I would give them one more chance to respond. From how you describe the owner, well he sounds like a jerk or hopefully just someone having a bad day. Never the less, if you do not get results after your next call, contact the manufacturer.

i have never experienced anyone like this i myself have my own business and deal with the public and i cant figure this guy out i just made a large purchase with him and hes got that kind of atitude,like i said i will be buying a tanning bed but will have to look elsewhere and the funnything is after i made my post earlier i called them and spoke with the salesman that sold it to me and he said,after telling me he would mail me three new jets to try that i had to bring in my old jets and he would switch them out with some new to try but i could only do this when the owner wasnt there,i ask him what the deal was and he would not say anything and then i ask him what i had to do to get this new dynasty tub fixed then he told me oh if you are haveing problems you need to call our service man and make an appointment, ??? :i cant figure how a business ran like this has survived for 15 years :o   thanks for your reply i guess i will see what happens after the next try then i will call the manufacturer thanks again

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 07:59:36 am »
The guy is a jerk no doubt,  I've seen these jets pop out and eventually it stops.  When they are new they are tight fitting.  Take a non-abrasive dish scrubbing pad and run it through the collar of the jet where it contacts the tub and run it around where the housing of the jet as well.    Use a little extra effort to put the jet it, once its in, turn it off and on repeatedly and then take it off again.  Also try the jet that is having a problem in a different location Once you get them into stay and use the tub they seem to break in and work flawlessly.

The Lancelot is a good tub, hopefully you will get to enjoy it more. Also, send an email to info@thehottubstore.net.   Mike, my dealer may have some helpful suggestions.

You mentioned talking to the owner and that other salespeople seem to know what they are talking about. Did you approach these other people or the service dept about the jet problem?

I've run into businesses that the employees are great, but the owner is an idiot and they usually try to keep him off the sales floor.   He might have made his money in earthworms, and decided he also wanted to sell spas. Fortunately, he hired good poeple, but just doesn't stay off the floor.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 10:35:47 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 10:20:33 am »
Hi Ricket:

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

A few suggestions.  First, start making a log of events including telephone calls, letters, etc.  Get names, dates and times. Second, if you gave the dealer an opportunity to "fix" your issue and they didn't to your satisfaction, call up the manufacturer and ask for the name of the President of the company.  When you get the name, compose a letter detailing events.  Be NICE.  Tell him/her WHAT happened, including people, dates and times, WHY you are unhappy and HOW they can make you happy.

Send the letter registered mail, signature required.  Finally, on the day you estimate delivery of the letter, mail a copy to your local dealer with a cover letter explaining what you did.  Again, be NICE.

I've had some AMAZING results using this method.  "Putting it in writing" always works better than phone calls when you're having problems.

If you need help with this, send me a private message with the details and I'll put something together for you.

Good luck!

Drewski

:-/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 10:22:10 am by Drewski »
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 10:30:48 am »
"Putting it in writing" always works better than phone calls when you're having problems.

But please, please, please use some proper grammatical techniques....a little punctuation and capitalization goes a LONG way........
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 10:45:17 am »
“But please, please, please use some proper grammatical techniques....a little punctuation and capitalization goes a LONG way........”

I stopped reading after the second line because of improper grammer.  I can’t stand it.

In other news, look at me.  I am an ultimate member with no life.

Netnutty

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 10:58:59 am »
I agree about the proper sentence construction. I didn't read it either as it was too much trouble.

Netnutty

Drewski

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 02:23:09 pm »
Huh?

A confused Drewski...

???

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 02:30:35 pm »
Huh?

A confused Drewski...

???

The initial post in this thread may be the world's longest sentence/question/string of words.  I think maybe ricket's period and shift keys need attention.........
8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 02:31:52 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Drewski

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 02:42:26 pm »
Oh, DUH, sorry, I'm a LITTLE dense...

I took it he was using a text device for composing the message not a regular computer.  I have the same issues when using handhelds...

Drewski

;)

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 08:03:03 pm »
Hi ricket,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems.

I like alot of the advise from Brewski.

Most spa manufacturers have regional sales managers that manage, train, help out and sign up new dealers.
This person will also live somewhat near you.

You should be able to get his name and phone number and he should be able to help you.  This is where I would start and you should be able to get a quick response.

good luck

ricket

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 08:06:30 pm »
i would like to say i am sorry about my typing skills and grammer to those that it offends but i am self taught when it comes to computers and grammer and i pretty much see how most people here on this forum feels and i promise i will never post again

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 08:15:18 pm »
Ricket,

If you are still there, don't let some criticism keep you from posting in the future.  There isn't one person in the
world that doesn't make mistakes. My guess is that you will see some apologies from those who criticized your typing skills.  Though it may have sounded harsh, it was meant to help you to get results.

Rocket

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 10:46:11 am »
I made no negative comments, but apologize if you were offended on their behalf. In all fairness, I feel it was light hearted commentary, but open to misinterpretation.

That said, I think most regulars would be happier and more likey to read the post with proper punctuation. The benefit to you would be more readers and more advice.

The punctuation would be absolutely necesarry in any communication with manufacturer. A computer or friend should be able to edit for you if you find it a challenge. You are obviously smart, just a little "grammatically challenged" (so am I with no spell check)don't be offended and keep your chin up!

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 10:46:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42