What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beachcomber tubs  (Read 4427 times)

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
beachcomber tubs
« on: October 20, 2004, 05:29:03 pm »
still looking at tubs......

b. c. has a niffy idea of having the equuipment under the step.

so how does b. c. stack up to :

marquis

vita

hot spgs  

dimension 1

etc, etc??????

thanks for your comments

Hot Tub Forum

beachcomber tubs
« on: October 20, 2004, 05:29:03 pm »

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: beachcomber tubs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 06:55:01 pm »
I've owned BC, Hot springs, and now a Jacuzzi.  I would say the following:

BC - not great value for what you're actually getting.  I didn't mind the equipment under the step, but I felt like there were more chances that you could mess something up.  I owned the 530, and it was greatly underpowered, which was more of a concern to my wife than myself.  However, it didn't have any foot jets (although you can get RFM now).  Overall, it was ok for simply a hot water soak, but that was about it.  Whenever the pump kicked in for circulation, it was quite loud (didn't have the hush pump either)

Hot Springs - had a Hot spot (entry level line) and older Classic.  Like the general idea, however they've priced themselves out of our market here.  (canada)  A Vanguard, which is their 7 foot tub (approx), is running $ 3500 more than my comparably equipped Jacuzzi.  I appreciate HS will say there's a big difference, but to the non dealer type, I don't notice it.  They're great if you can afford it however.  My friend has a Grandee, and it's spectacular, but again, I don't know that it's worth 30-40% more than mine.

Jacuzzi - I'll say only Jacuzzi, not Sundance (Jacuzzi owns them both)  My J-345 is outstanding.  Great jet power (they have propietary air jets), great foot room in footwell, very comfortable.  Again, mine was easily 3K less than the similar Hot Springs.  Love the coastal cabinet w/ Sahara shell.  We have a new Jacuzzi dealer here who I knew from my previous buying days, so I was very comfortable buying from him.  Great product, great value - definitely check them out.

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 08:40:13 pm »
thank ypu for a great reply.

my jacuzzi dealer is about forty miles from here so i 've been concentrating on dealers within the twenty something circle. i'll check out their web site again.....thanks

poolboy34

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 08:41:41 pm »
yokeman,
It really depends on what you are looking for in your spa.  Each manufacturer you are looking at makes a very good tub.  I'm most familar with dimension one.  I will say that Dimension one and hot springs will most likely be the more expensive of the tubs you look at.  They both cater to hydrotherapy, but also offer many of the features that customers find attractive in a tub today such as waterfalls and LED lites.  Marquis from what I understand and have been told from people within the industry primarily caters to the hydro-therapy side of the spectrum.  Vita I'm not real familar with, but have seen them at a local fair and they are a nice looking spa.  Beachcomber makes a good product but tends to be more vanilla or plain.  Basically you should wet test them all and go with the one that you feel most comfortable in.  

Jason,
store manager for a D-1 and caldera dealer

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 08:49:47 pm »

I appreciate HS will say there's a big difference, but to the non dealer type, I don't notice it.  

Mark,  I like your style.  I get so tired of shoppers comming in and saying "they have the *same thing* down the street for $1-2k less".  If all of them would state it with the class that you show, I would be far less aggitated.  I guess I just like the way you put it!

Thank You Mark.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 08:50:16 pm by huh »
¿

golferm

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 11:31:13 am »
Well I guess I've done pretty much as much shopping as anyone, but the difference may be that I've done this 4 times now (3 more than my wife would like), and I'm also in sales, so I have a sensitivity to what dealers go through.  Be fair with your dealer, and he'll be fair with you on the price, but maybe more importantly, you'll get better service.  It's just like in my advertising sales job, I'm much more apt to service the heck out of my favourite clients, then one's that are pain's in the butt.

Also to add to my original post, I would say that I certainly would have seriously considered a Tiger River Bengal, if it didn't have the lounger.  That was also more in my price range.  They don't seem to inflate the Tiger River prices as much as HS here.  

golferm

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 11:34:31 am »
Sorry, one more thing about my Beachcomber.  I found that looking this last time (the Beachcomber was the tub I had before my Jacuzzi), you see the same Beachcomber jet components in many other lines here in Canada (Pacific, Hydropool).  They don't seem to have much new under the sun.  I would agree with a previous post, that they're quite vanilla.  

golferm

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 11:36:41 am »
Sorry, one more thing about my Beachcomber.  I found that looking this last time (the Beachcomber was the tub I had before my Jacuzzi), you see the same Beachcomber jet components in many other lines here in Canada (Pacific, Hydropool).  They don't seem to have much new under the sun.  I would agree with a previous post, that they're quite vanilla.  

So, if you're going to pay as much for a Beachcomber, as let's say a Jacuzzi, why not get 2 pumps, a waterfall, synthetic skirting, and air injectors ?? BTW I was quoted $ 7995 CAD for a BC 580, hence my post.  

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 11:50:35 am »
As a former dealer of Beachcomber, I have to support Marks comments. Beachcomber is well built with good customer service. The tub is overpriced.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 12:01:31 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chris_H

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 12:05:26 pm »
Yokeman:
I think all of the brands you mentioned are of the highest quality with great reputations except for Vita.  Vita would be in my medium grade category.
Chris H

Jordy

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 01:40:51 am »
Hi HotTubMan,
Who do you deal for now?

Pooldevil

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 04:57:14 am »
Hi
No one seems to have said go and try the Marquis ....
Yes I know I am a dealer for them but then I have seen a lot of others out there and I used to be a Beachcomber dealer :(
If you get a chance to try out the Euphoria you probably won't want anything else !
What ever you choose .... have fun !

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 10:23:57 am »
Hi HotTubMan,
Who do you deal for now?

I sell Coleman, Dimension 1 and Softub. I lookforward to our next expansion to the line up, Free Flow Spas.

If memory serves Jordy, you are a former HotSpring and something else dealer...?

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 10:23:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42