What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 4893 times)

Chris_H

Tonight
« on: October 20, 2004, 02:35:43 pm »
Just curious if you will be watching the Red Sox – Yankees tonight or relaxing in your hottub?

Hot Tub Forum

Tonight
« on: October 20, 2004, 02:35:43 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 02:43:07 pm »
I'll be packing to go on vacation, Friday!!!  Yippeeeee!!!

Oh, but I will be monitoring the game.  If it is like last night's, then there is time to soak and watch!!!

LOL!!!

Go Sox!  (Just because my Dodgers are out and I hate the Yanks!)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 02:47:15 pm »
I would give anything to see the Evil Empire go down in flames to the Sox. I'm a long time NY native (not now) who has always rooted against the Yankees (an O's fan). What I fear is this is just a setup to a HUGE letdown. The problem is that as great as this comeback has been it actually fits the "We're the Yankees, lets screw with the Sox hopes" script to a TEE. Sweeping them wasn't enough, they have to give them hope and snatch it away at the stroke before midnight. I HOPE I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 02:47:25 pm »
I'll be watching....

Go SOX!

Down with Steinbrenner and all his conservat....oops. J/K
Homeworks Financing Representative

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:55:03 pm »
Being from MA, I will definitely be watching.  The only problem is I am like a walking zombie from lack of sleep like everyone else in the area.  Ahhh...the emotional roller coaster being a Sox fan.

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
Oh what a night!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 12:14:29 am »
Seventh inning found us in the tub, but we came in for the last three outs for the Red sox to finally win! We are enjoying the lack of sleep here in New England, but I imagine the kids in school tomorrow will be wired!
GO SOX!
:) :) :)
Jan
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 12:57:15 am »
they still have to win four more games, or this lil victory won't mean ANYTHING ::) ;D

Needless tosay I am a VERY digruntled yankees fan.........185 MIL and NO left handed pitchers?????  Boy, vasquez and brown sure earned their money, usually cashman is great at finding players who fit the yankee mold, but he sure missed the boat on those two guys..................oh well there's always next year, hopefully we'll real in some pitching and beltran and we'll be all set.  God i souynd like a cubs fan now :-[

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 11:02:13 am »
Poolboy,
I almost feel sorry for you. Nah.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 11:10:49 am »
Poolboy,
I almost feel sorry for you. Nah.

Even though I am a fan of thier AAA affiliate, I also love to see, as someone else said, the Evil empire go down!. That said, ever since sitting in the box seats of Busch Stadium in my Reds hats in summer of 2002, and being treated wonderfully, the Cardinals have been my 2nd team!  Go cards.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 11:25:55 am »
oh well there's always next year, hopefully we'll real in some pitching and beltran and we'll be all set.  God i souynd like a cubs fan now :-[

We'll have to see if Georgie Boy will back the truck up further or simply try to perform the Heimlich on the current squad. They have a HUGE payroll (I know, their revenue stream is also montrous) without anyone noticeable coming off the books and they have a lot of HUGE contracts that are choking them that they can't get rid of. Besides the $$ paid to major contributors like Jeter, ARod, Posada and Matsui they have the Albatrosses such as Loizza, Brown and Giambi who alone will make about $50M next year and NOBODY will take those guys from them unless the Yanks in turn take their own money pit players in trade (as the White Sox did when they unloaded Loizza to the Yanks for Contreras who isn't looking so bad now).

Will the Yankees simply add another $17M a year player like Beltran or Beltre on top of their current payroll?? Only Darth Steinbrenner knows!!

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 12:25:04 pm »
I agree spatech t.u.o.  Gimabi and Brown are DEFINITELY albatrosses.  Loizza kinda earned his keep the past two nights keeping them in the games and actually giving them a semblance of a chance to win.  But hey Darth Streinbrenner isn't afraid to use the powers of the darkside to his advantage.  I'm sure he'll find a way to use the force to co-oerce big money talent to new york.  And then he'll use some Dark jedi mind tricks to fool that selig character into forgetting about that bogus luxury tax thingy ;D

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 01:41:21 pm »
they still have to win four more games, or this lil victory won't mean ANYTHING

Throwing baseballs onto the field...police in riot gear...what a proud moment. Congrats Boston. Go Cards! And who's this Carlton Fisk guy from 1975. I think most people remember his famous hand waving home run and his team even though they lost the series that year.  They remember that more than the Reds winning it. Boston coming back from 3 games down to win the pennant, a feat never accomplished before...I think this victory means a lot! IMHO
::)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 04:25:24 pm »
they still have to win four more games, or this lil victory won't mean ANYTHING ::) ;D

Even said in jest, this statement couldn't be further from the truth....IMHO, the Series doesn't even matter now after the monumental and historical ALC we just witnessed......and I'm not even a baseball fan (though I've been a Bosox fan for the last week!).  Curse of the Babe??  HA!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Gman

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 04:55:48 pm »
We witnessed the bigest choke in the history of major league baseball -- how great was it that it was the Yankees!  

Go Sox!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 04:55:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42