What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circular Tub - D1 Arena  (Read 6941 times)

704set

Circular Tub - D1 Arena
« on: August 24, 2004, 06:35:33 am »
We are looking for a circular tub/spa to be aesthetically consistent with the patio design.  Not as many as the rectangular ones on the market.

What are your thoughts on a circular spa vs. a rectangular spa?  Anyone have any experience with the Dimension 1 Arena model?  

Also I notice many above spa are enclosed with masonary/brick.  How do they get access if a repair is needed?

Hot Tub Forum

Circular Tub - D1 Arena
« on: August 24, 2004, 06:35:33 am »

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Circular Tub - D1 Arena
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 10:51:21 pm »
take a look at the nordic brand spa.
they are quality and have several models to choose from.
check out the posts on poolandspa forum.
there's a very satified new nordic owner that gives a honest perspective on the tub he purchased.
hope this helps you .....good luck!

Jordy

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:00:47 pm »
hi 704set,
Round spas tend not to be as comfortable or therapeutic as rectangular or square designs, and selection tends to be limited (as you are finding out). Having said that, it seems as though it is very important to you to maintain the asthetics of your design. You should be able to find several good options by browsing the manufacturer's websites-Sorry, but Jacuzzi Premium doesn't have a round model to offer you. Good Luck!!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 11:33:34 am »
704set,
Although I agree with yokeman that Nordic is a good product there is no comparison in the two lines, that would be like comparing a golf cart to a hummer!

The Arena is an incredible spa and one of the oldest designs out there. That model started from the old round Grecian spa that was sold as an in ground over 25 years ago. Great product, great massage, fantastic sanitation and overall one of my favorites!

As far as service of a "built in spa", most importantly you need to leave a removable panel or cover near the equipment bay to get in and work on it. Remember, someday you will be paying someone by the hour to do maintenance and the easier you make it on them the easier they'll make it on your checkbook!

Try that Arena out with a wet test and you will see what I mean!

Zoo

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 12:13:48 pm »
Hi 704set,

You could also check out the Beachcomber 320x (I think that is the model with the 38" wall height and digital controls). It sells in my area for about $4999 CDN. Perhaps Steve and/or Hottubman could tell you more about this model.
    As well there is a model by Tuff Tub that is Octogonal in shape. I have also seen two models by a company called: Strong Pools & Spas (one is called "The Antigua" and is 79" around with 34.5" height). Visit strongpools.com to see it.
     Personally I would hit the D1 Arena or the Beachcomber 320x as both these companies make an outstanding product. Of course you could also check out the Soft Tub 300 and the Splash Tubs; but the arcylic tubs will probably give you a much better hydrotherapy experience.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 01:24:26 pm »
Although Beachcomber does build a quality spa, I have to side with Stuart on this one. The Arena has massage and features that make it a step above most round tubs.

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 12:00:16 pm »
I have carried both D-1 and Nordic and they are definately not the same category.  If you are looking for a high end quality tub then D-1 is the way to go.  Dimension One has an outstanding rep in the industry.  The only knock on them is they tend to look a little dated.  D-1 needs to hire a young designer to catch them up to the others as far as looks. (but I guess that is subjective...beauty is in the eye...
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 12:00:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42