What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best test kit? (reasonably priced)  (Read 6670 times)

steve771

Best test kit? (reasonably priced)
« on: October 19, 2004, 11:12:40 pm »
My kit came with strips, which are ok I guess, but a little hard to read.  Are the liquid kits easier, and if so, what do you recommend?

Hot Tub Forum

Best test kit? (reasonably priced)
« on: October 19, 2004, 11:12:40 pm »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: Best test kit? (reasonably priced)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 11:17:31 pm »
$15 at Walmart.   Works great.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 07:20:05 am »
For my pool (and when I get my tub) I use a DPD test kit from Leslie's Pool Supplies. I paid about $45.00 and it tests all parameters. It's equivalent to the Taylor K-2005 kit (actually it's the same kit with Leslie's name on it).

I have used the kit that bulmer4nc suggested (the K Mart equivalent) and it does work great but apparently OTO kits show total chlorine and I wanted to be able to differentiate free vs total. Maybe in a tub it doesn't matter though!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 12:21:23 pm »
My vote goes to the Taylor Test Kit in a big way.  If you decide the $45 is too steep, at least buy the booklet that comes with the Taylor......get it at Doc's site or order the whole kit from him.......
Go to Taylor's site (http://www.taylortechnologies.com)and look at all the other test kits they make for all kinds of purposes including industrial testing.  This gave me the warm fuzzies......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 01:08:00 pm »
I also vote for the Taylor.  I've been using it for a long while and it is a great tool.  I have been contemplating a titration chlorine test kit for very accurate free chlorine and total chlorine readings.  With it chlorine users can tell exactly when they need to shock.

steve771

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 01:19:03 pm »
Thanks guys.  I think I'll take a look at the wal-mart version and see.  The taylor kit does look good, I just wonder if I really need all that?

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 01:26:03 pm »
My vote goes to the Taylor Test Kit in a big way.  If you decide the $45 is too steep, at least buy the booklet that comes with the Taylor......get it at Doc's site or order the whole kit from him.......
Go to Taylor's site (http://www.taylortechnologies.com)and look at all the other test kits they make for all kinds of purposes including industrial testing.  This gave me the warm fuzzies......
 8)

Just for fun I thought I'd take a peek at the Taylor site.  I saw that they also sell test strips.  Check this out:

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_kitinfo.asp?&MarketID=1&KitID=2269

Holy Crap - over $200 for a container of test strips?   Are they made of gold or something?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 02:49:13 pm »
Thanks guys.  I think I'll take a look at the wal-mart version and see.  The taylor kit does look good, I just wonder if I really need all that?

I use my Taylor Kit all the time.  I use the chlorine, ph, and alk tests continually.  When I do a fresh fill, I check the hardness level.  I haven't used the Cyanuric (sp?) test, but that is the only one.

I love my Taylor Kit!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 09:29:00 am »
Just for fun I thought I'd take a peek at the Taylor site.  I saw that they also sell test strips.  Check this out:

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_kitinfo.asp?&MarketID=1&KitID=2269

Holy Crap - over $200 for a container of test strips?   Are they made of gold or something?

Here's what's included--looks like a dealer display/starter kit including 25--50 ct. containers of strips:
http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_components.asp?KitID=2269

Doesn't appear to be gold........
8)

We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 09:29:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42