What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Reasonable Deal??  (Read 6401 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Reasonable Deal??
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 01:15:19 am »
One question I forgot to ask him was what powers the CD/MP3 player that goes in the little box on side. I don't see any AC type connection. Is it only batteries?
Yes - Batteries. The unit comes with an AC adapter, but there's really no way to run the wire for it. The good news: you will using the line out, not the headphone out, so the unit 'sips' at the batteries instead of sucking them dry quickly.
Also, I forgot to ask him to tune in some FM stations, so I don't even know where and how that is done.
Just switch to FM, and start tuning. The reception is not all that strong, and there's a reason: many of these units use the wire to the headphone as part of the antenna. Since you won't have the headphones plugged in, you may not get all the stations you would like. I haven't tried plugging in the headphones, or substituting a simple wire in a mini-plug, but I suppose it could be done if you can't get the station you want. They do ship a set of headphones with the units, so you can experiment easily.

The FM receiver works just fine for what I need: to receive signal from an FM transmitter in my house, connected to the stereo/ home theater. The rest of the time I run mp3 files that I burn (leagally) from my computer and a large collection of audio CDs. You can fit close to ten hours of music, in mp3 format, on a single disc.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 01:15:19 am »

georgiapeach

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 11:16:09 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it for a few weeks now.  Have learned so much on here..... :)
And......my hubby and I are going this afternoon to order our HS Grandee!  I'm so excited!!!!!  The electrical work was finished last night.  A note to NightOne...I think you got an excellent deal.  We are getting the exact same thing as you, but are paying $9,800 for it, which includes tax.  I was wondering the same thing about the spaudio.  Wondering if it's worth the extra money.....I can always add it on later, if I decide to, I guess.  
Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and thanks for all the great information.  Hopefully in about 2 weeks, I'll be sitting in my spa and enjoying that blissful peace... :-)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 12:43:59 pm »
Welcome to spatopia, Georgiapeach!!!

Glad to have you here!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 12:43:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42