What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SERENITY at last...  (Read 2857 times)

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
SERENITY at last...
« on: October 18, 2004, 12:15:24 pm »
My HYDROPOOL  SERENITY 6000 was hooked up sat. evening. my electrical guy had to take the 60 amo gfci back and exchahange it for a 50 amp. the 60 had no neutral to hook up and it was needed apparently.hopefully the 50 will be ok. maybe steve can comment on this. other than that problem we had a blast all day sunday in and out from 1 to 5 people at a time. hydro was used that day for sure.in between soaks I put the covermate together and installed the lockable clips etc... now I have to figure out the chemicals. so much to do between soaks. life is good. a full review will follow shortly.

Hot Tub Forum

SERENITY at last...
« on: October 18, 2004, 12:15:24 pm »

bobhol

Re: SERENITY at last...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 12:21:51 pm »
forgot to add the tub is the Elite Plus with 2 motors, ozonator and led light pkg,. the manual calls for a 60 amp breaker for this combination. bobhol

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 12:36:49 pm »
I noticed that on our GFCI breaker, which was a Square D pro (Not Homeline) series.  There was about a $20 price difference between the 50 and 60 amp GFI breaker, with the 60 amp being the cheaper one.
Puzzled by this, I compared them side by side and the only difference was that the 50 amp had a terminal for the neutral, and the 60 did not.  
Our spa does not require the neutral, as it runs the pumps and heater on the 220 and the rest off of a transformer, eliminating the need for the 120v leg provided by the neutral.

Does your spa require a 60 amp breaker and a neutral wire?  If so, I'd ask them to suggest the brand/model of breaker they use.  

Using a 50 amp breaker instead won't really hurt anything, but you may trip it if you pull full power thru your wiring.
Brewman
Brewman

bobhol

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 12:56:23 pm »
mine is square d as well and that was the problem with the 60 .. no neutral. the 50 worked fine all weekend . both motors and heater on. my dealer seemed surprisedthat the manual called for a 60 amp breaker. he seemed to think a 50 would be fine.   bobhol

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 01:04:32 pm »
Congrats bobhol and I wish you and your family many years of relaxing tubbing!

A 50 amp will be fine with that spa.

Steve

bobhol

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 01:09:56 pm »
thanks steve ,I was hoping that was the right answer. Also you might mention to the guys at the factory to allow a few more inches of tubing for the drain bib. it is crammed under the main plumbing but could have been free and clear 3 inches farther. no big deal ,I WILL PUT A SHORT EXTENSION ON IT PERMANENTLY , THANKS,BOBHOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 01:09:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42