What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: woman problem?  (Read 4651 times)

goingwarp

• nothin like tubbin after a long day
woman problem?
« on: October 17, 2004, 10:53:41 am »
I have just took ownership of a hydropool 738, I will have it running  this tuesday. My wife heard  from girl friends that have been in tubs they claim to get "down there" infections!  Any truth to this?

Hot Tub Forum

woman problem?
« on: October 17, 2004, 10:53:41 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: woman problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:14:20 am »
That is complete B@llsh!t.
Homeworks Financing Representative

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:34:57 am »
I have had a hot tub for more than 12 years and this has never happened to my wife or any woman that has used it.  I have heard of this happening and believe that it is always due to improper sanitation.  Keep up with your water chemistry and you'll never have any problems with these issues.  

TahoesMama

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 11:35:21 am »
Can't imagine why one would be prone to infections any more than women who swim everyday in a pool.  Granted, there are some women who are more suceptible to infections than others, but generally, if the chemicals are correctly maintained, one shouldn't have issues.  

goingwarp

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 02:26:27 pm »
I agree with keping the tub clean and the chemicals correct, I just want to see if anyone else ever heard of this (since I am new to the tub world. thanks for any imput .

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 02:41:17 pm »
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/0000/0078.asp?index=5019

This site suggests getting out of your bathing suits as soon as you get out of the tub and avoiding the spa if you already have an infection.

For what its worth.

Another reference on sexualhealth.com  says a hot tub might help.   That part of a woman is generally considered a fairly alkaline enviroment and many OTC treamnents are basically an acidic compound to kill yeast, so that leads to what others where saying, keep the chemicals balanced (make sure your alkalinity and PH aren't way to high.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 08:08:35 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 03:57:15 pm »
Since my wife started using the hot-tub.........hers has shrank. I'm all for women using hot-tubs.  Heck,it might be the cure-all for women after pregnancy.

On a serious note,what is the ratio of CaVeN spas to Hot-Springs,that a professional athlete uses for therapy? 1-100  1-6000  0-10000 ?

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 04:26:07 pm »
I seen the title for this thread and thought someone was going to be sleeping on the couch. :-[

This was the topic to my very first post on this forum.  Calspa had told this to a customer.
¿

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 08:18:31 pm »
I seen the title for this thread and thought someone was going to be sleeping on the couch. :-[

This was the topic to my very first post on this forum.  Calspa had told this to a customer.

If autoplays wife reads that last post I think he'll be sleeping on the couch! :-/ :-/ :-/

Aztec

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 11:17:35 pm »
Some of us would not want shrinkage.

Jordy

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 11:19:48 pm »
 :D ;) :D ;D :D :D ;D :D ;)If he's lucky, he'll be put to work in the bedroom ;D :P :-* :o :D ;D ;) :)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 12:28:49 am »
I have just took ownership of a hydropool 738, I will have it running  this tuesday. My wife heard  from girl friends that have been in tubs they claim to get "down there" infections!  Any truth to this?

Let me start by saying awesome tub!!
Secondly, I don't think you can get any sort of  Australian infections from a spa. I guess those would be considered "down under" infections anyway... ::) ;D

Seriously though, there's no such truth to it goingwarp. Best of luck with your new Hydropool. The #738 is fantastic and I'm sure you'll love it!

Steve
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 12:30:22 am by Steve »

goingwarp

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:03:53 am »
thanks for the info steve, it's good to hear more good feedback about the hydropool, I am counting down the hours for the eletric to be hooked up

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:03:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42