What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: finally got it  (Read 6095 times)

ricket

finally got it
« on: October 14, 2004, 09:45:59 pm »
have had my dynasty lancelot for a week now and cant seem to get enough of it :)have a problem with two small jets that keep poping out and will not stay in but other then that i really like it,i have a question about bromine,i got baqua spa start up kit that came with the tub and i used it per directions and after a few days a residue was forming around the top of the tub the place where i bought the tub is 45 miles away and there is a pool and spa supplier here in town and they had bromine and talked me into switching so i drained my tub and washed it down and refilled it and its heating up now,did i make the right move by switching?and what can i expect from the bromine?  thanks

Hot Tub Forum

finally got it
« on: October 14, 2004, 09:45:59 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: finally got it
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 01:00:58 am »
it is amazing that so many have trouble with baqua....and a dealer like yours who is so far away suggested that you start with it....if you get the chance ask your local dealer about the spa frog floating system it is a bromine and a silver mineral cartridge that is easy to use and very effiecent.....

ricket

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 07:41:59 am »
thanks,going there today with a water sample kind of odd the local guy told me more in five minutes then the salesman where i bought the tub did in an hour

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 08:20:01 am »
Another satisfied Dynasty owner! Welcome. Wipe those jets down on the inside and the area where they go and make sure no crud has built up.  putting them on and off seems to break them in and they will stay.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cdenyer

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 08:21:12 am »
Everyone that I have talked to about spa chemicals have said that they have never been able to get their tub clear with baqua. I use bromine and it stays crystal clear.

CD

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 10:29:41 pm »
Cdenyer  I use Bauqua and water clarity has never been a problem. The only problems is the Baquas scum line that ocasionaly forms on spa side s at waterline and the Baqua cough.

I have considered switching to bromine products at next water change.

T6texan

Jordy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 12:34:13 am »
I think you'll like bromine, about 80% of my clients use a 2-part bromine system and find it easy and effective. Hope you're enjoying your new tub!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 02:14:20 am »
Hey Jordy, have you tried the bromine concentrates? They are basically a bromide & bromate in one. Much easier. What line of chemicals do you sell?

Steve

ricket

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 01:38:13 pm »
switched over to bromine and got tub running got in it last night but before i did i took a sample to the local dealer and they tested it and said it needed 1 oz ph decreaser and the bromine was a touch to high but he said it was allright to use will at 2 pm yesterday i put the ph decreaser in and at 8:30 i got in the tub there was a very strong smell like chlorine i guess that was the bromine and it instantly made my skin feel really dry my wife got in and got right back out and said she could not take the strong smell i got out and try to wash the smell off but could not woke up this morning with my eyes burning went out to check the water and the test strip read bromine 0,free chlorine 0,ph 8.0,akalinity 180, could the dealer made a mystake? what do i need to add to get the water close?and why is there a strong smell of bromine if it telling me its low? thanks for any help

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 02:21:23 pm »
I'm seriously thinking to changing from Baqua to some other system, either Bromine or Dichlor.  
Our Baqua dealer's alternate choice is Brilliance, which if I recall correctly, is a Bromine system made by the same company as Baqua (suprise!).
Any comments on Brilliance?
Brewman
Brewman

cparlf

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 03:20:23 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems very simple to me.  I use bromine tablets, three in the wier gate dispenser.  Need to add another three about every 6 days.  My readings are in the middle range of the test strips from the dealer.  Use a tiny bit of dichlor every second or third time, no drama so far since August.  

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 03:41:10 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems very simple to me.  I use bromine tablets, three in the wier gate dispenser.  Need to add another three about every 6 days.  My readings are in the middle range of the test strips from the dealer.  Use a tiny bit of dichlor every second or third time, no drama so far since August.  

No, you are not missing anything here. Yes, it is simple. New tub owners, for the most part, over manage their water. The only reason I see for filling and draining a new spa is if the tub has been without circulation for over a  year after the testing. Even then it may not be needed.
Homeworks Financing Representative

ricket

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 08:44:11 pm »
got the water straightend out used 2 oz o ph decreaser instead of 1 oz the dealer told me i needed checked fine and feels good and hardley any oder at all now if i can get rid of the water being cloudy after one night of useing it i will be very happy :)

Jordy

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 11:15:20 pm »
Hey Steve,
Yes I've had experiences with both types of Bromine systems. They're both pretty easy to use. Our store was carrying SpaGuard(BioGuard) which is Bromine concentrates, but we decided to switch suppliers and now carry LaMotte (Lawrason) products-which is a two-part Bromine system. As I said, both watercare systems work well but we weren't satisfied with the service and support we were getting, so we switched suppliers and we are very satisfied.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 11:46:47 pm »
Brewman

Brilliance is indeed made by the Baqua people.  It is a pure bromine product, unlike bromine tabs and is not supposed to have some of the same problems that the tabs have.  It looks interesting.  If I were to try bromine, I think I would try this first.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 11:46:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42