What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete slab, gravel, or pad?  (Read 3151 times)

Ohio_Boy

Concrete slab, gravel, or pad?
« on: October 17, 2004, 12:51:51 pm »
Hello all! Frustrated to find out that all of my utilities run right under the location I wanted to put a hot tub!  Guess this leaves the concrete slab out. Has anyone had any experience with the interlocking spa pads? Do they void the hot tub's warranty? Could I simply cut out some grass and slap them down into place level? Any advice would be greatly apppreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete slab, gravel, or pad?
« on: October 17, 2004, 12:51:51 pm »

NightOne

Re: Concrete slab, gravel, or pad?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 01:45:58 pm »
Hello all! Frustrated to find out that all of my utilities run right under the location I wanted to put a hot tub!  Guess this leaves the concrete slab out. Has anyone had any experience with the interlocking spa pads? Do they void the hot tub's warranty? Could I simply cut out some grass and slap them down into place level? Any advice would be greatly apppreciated.

Is this location located on/in the utility easement? If not, you could make the electric company move the lines.
A buddy of mine had a problem when he went to go install a pool: the undeground electric came right across the middle of his yard. They told him it would be $1400 to move it. He raised hell and they moved it for $100.

It could be a touchy issue, but the electric company really can't run their lines on your property (less the easement) without your permission. Of course, they could tell you fine...no electric for you. However, you may need to remind them that the utility easement is there just for that purpose.

I would recommend talking to the following:

1. Electric/Power company
2. Building/Code Enforcement with your local government
3. Licensed electrical contractor

and see if they have recommendations/solutions for you.

just my 2 cents

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:40:03 pm »
My dealer is selling the spa pads.  They say they work well.  I would dig out any organic soil and replace with a crushed gravel.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:40:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42