What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Keeping the tub clean  (Read 3699 times)

UnderTheStars

Keeping the tub clean
« on: October 15, 2004, 07:40:42 am »
Two items I bought recently that are really tremendous - thought I'd recommend them.

Item 1: I wanted a mini version of a pool cleaning net.  The ones I saw offered for spas had about a 5' handle and a net the size of a soccer ball. . .too big, didn't want to store it or have it laying around.  I went to Meijer's tropical fish dept. and bought a large "dip net."  the handle is about 10" long, twisted wire, and covered with clear plastic tubing (no scratches.)  The net is the size of a softball.  You won't belive how perfect it is for spa use.  You can easily reach the middle of the tub.  Now that the leaves are blowing, we keep it sitting on the edge of the tub and it's great for snagging leaves that blow in - extends your reach by almost a foot & you don't have to move around a lot.  Oh, cost was 59 cents.

Item 2:  I Was looking at those 4' long "tube type" spa vacs.  Again, I didn't want that thing laying around the back porch.  Did my research and bought a "Grit Gitter" spa vac.  It's about the size of a large plastic mustard bottle and the thing is just too good to even try to describe.  I bought mine from Doc's site, I think it was around 30 bucks.  Worth it and more!  Here's the manuf. site (copy/past into your browser's address window)

http://www.gritgitter.com/

Oh yeah, you don't need the "extension tube."  Just the basic squeeze bulb vac.  Use it when you're in the tub to grab the occasional stuff that came in on feet and ends up floating or laying in the footwell.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 07:42:57 am by UnderTheStars »

Hot Tub Forum

Keeping the tub clean
« on: October 15, 2004, 07:40:42 am »

Phil

• Icefish daily, Hot Tub afterwards!
Re: Keeping the tub clean
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 08:20:19 am »
Because the $100 worth of puppy toys won't due, my lab pup decided to use the grit getter as her most favorite toy!  But I loved it while I had it!  I agree with you on the "stuff" laying around part, I got a big ol' Spa Vac leaning against my house in a corner!!LOL!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Keeping the tub clean
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 08:20:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42