What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy Water  (Read 2866 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Cloudy Water
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:04:57 am »
Just received my new Jacuzzi J-345, and as expected, had a ton of people in my tub on the Canadian long Thanksgiving weekend.  Loving the tub, but can't seem to get rid of some cloudy water.  Here's what I've tried so far....
- added more bromine
- shocked with bromine
- schocked with non bromine product
- used clarifier
- used de-scaler
Any other thoughts ??

Hot Tub Forum

Cloudy Water
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:04:57 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Cloudy Water
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 11:18:58 am »
1. Rinse Filter(s)
2. Balance water- I bet your alkalinity is down and pH is up. If you had that many guests, I bet you also had to top up. If you did I would also bet that your Calcium Hardness is low.

OK, before I make any more "bets" where do you live? What is the tap water like? My calcium comment was based on the assumption that you are in an urban area where the tap water is low(for a hot tub) in calcium.

Try that stuff and get back to me.

HTMan

PS turkey or ham? I had both. Turkey with my folks and Ham at my aunts the next day.
Homeworks Financing Representative

jenn

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:55:16 am »
We had a cloudy water problem over the weekend too...

I am also a new tub owner, so after searching this site, I did the following:

Clarifier
Shock
added Chlorine
Clarifier
Shock
Clarifier

Finally the water was clear after the 3rd dose of clarifier.  Each time we did the clarifier, the tub foamed up pretty good with some icky stuff, so I scooped the foam out, and also directed some towards the filters.

This was over a period of 2 days, so we didn't do the clarifier 3 times in a row...which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be recommended.

Anyway, that is what worked for us.  Now we are having a problem with off-the-chart bromine/chlorine readings so we haven't used the tub for 2 days now  :'(  but that's not your problem  ;)

I feel for you as a new tub owner and trying to get these chemicals down...I'm sure we're overdoing it, but live and learn!

Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:55:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42