What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shocking and Cover Damage  (Read 10173 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Shocking and Cover Damage
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 06:41:08 pm »
i think adding the spa blanket just simply means you wreck something thats costs less mony.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 06:41:08 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 02:17:12 am »
Ok, those of you have seen chemical damage to your covers, how long did it take?  What is the inside of your cover lined with?  I've been adding chlorine, and shocking while closing the cover immediately for 18 months now and my cover still looks great.  The inside is lined with a white material that has a texture to it that seems to help hold the cover in place. I can see a slight color difference (whiter) where the cover is over water vs where it is over the edge of the tub. But the cover is still quite solid.

Bill believe me the damage is suttle, kind of like the brakes on your car.  One day you will notice that your vinyl is discolored, dry and cracked. and the Cover has become very heavy to lift because of all the water it has absorbed and then it is too late to do anything but replace it.

If you find that statement hard to believe just use a spa blanket and watch the deterioration.  With in months its color will looked bleached out and within two years you  will see it disintagrate.   I have seen this first hand with friends Spas who have ownership experiences of fifteen years.

Of Course I do not expect a Spa Cover to last for ever but it is not unreasonable with a little care and attention to enjoy a servicable life of Five years plus.

Regards, Zz

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 02:18:47 am »
i think adding the spa blanket just simply means you wreck something thats costs less mony.

You Got It!

Regards, Zz

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 11:47:00 am »
Both Chlorine and MPS will attack your cover - but they do so in an insidious manner.

The fumes from both chems gets into the cover and begins to break down the vapor barrier. This leads to the cover absorbing water and getting very heavy.

This is not covered by most warranties.

:(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 11:47:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42