What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Tub and Chemicals  (Read 2450 times)

jayslater

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New Tub and Chemicals
« on: October 11, 2004, 12:07:53 pm »
Hi Everyone
I just received delivery of my tub this past Saturday.  It has a Nature 2 Ozonator and the dealer suggested using chlorine.  When we set it up we added the chlorine and he basicly said that's all I need.  I am on City water.  He provided test strips and said to adjust as necessary.  He recommended a chlorine shock on Sundays and adding chlorine on Wed. and to add at any other time I test and see it is low.  The tub was used Sat night for 1 hour and then more chlorine was added Sunday morning.  The tub was used for 30 minutes Sunday night.  I have added nothing else to the water and the test strips all show pretty good in range readings.  The water remains crystal clear.

My question is:   do I need to worry about all the other "stuff" provided in the Leisure Time Kit and on their instructional DVD?

My water and I do have that chlorine smell.  I can live with it but don't love it.

Any responses would be welcome.
Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

New Tub and Chemicals
« on: October 11, 2004, 12:07:53 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: New Tub and Chemicals
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:58:45 am »
First thing most will tell you is to get a test kit.  The Taylor test or you can pick one up from Walmart for around $15.  Then there are two good FAQ on rhtubs.com to read on to do the chems in your tub.  (also the book that comes with the taylor test kit has been said to be good reading as well and is sold at the above site as a separate item).  

Congrats on the new tub.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:13:04 am »
First thing most will tell you is to get a test kit.  The Taylor test or you can pick one up from Walmart for around $15.  Then there are two good FAQ on rhtubs.com to read on to do the chems in your tub.  (also the book that comes with the taylor test kit has been said to be good reading as well and is sold at the above site as a separate item).  

Congrats on the new tub.  

Great advice from Todd.  I highly recommend the Taylor Test Kit--$50 at rhtubs.com.  The booklet is indeed the best single source of water chemistry info I've seen and it does come with the Taylor test kit but, as Todd said, it is available separately at rhtubs.com--well worth the $7.  All of the charts/tables in the booklet are geared toward the Taylor reagents so I wouldn't trust them if using another test kit but the general information on water chemistry is the best.  If you get the Taylor kit, you really won't need anything else for testing.  Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 08:34:06 pm »
If you follow the directions per Nature 2...you cant go wrong.  You are a little excessive on the Chlorine.  With nature 2 you should only add a little Chlorine at fill up and once a week.  Shock regularly with Non-chlorine shock (Rendevous Activate or Leisure Time Renew, etc..)  If you follow this, you should have minimal Chlorine Smell.
¿

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 08:34:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42