What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who has the best warranty out there?  (Read 8477 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Who has the best warranty out there?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 01:44:06 pm »
Same in California....with 7 years being defined as life time....and also as Chas mentions....they become pro rated very quickly.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 01:44:06 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 01:44:20 pm »
California is also 7 years.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 03:28:52 am »
A little bit off topic, but forgetting the warrantee issues what is the average life of a spa? for example, do any members of this forum own (or know someone who owns) a spa which is over ten years old?

Steve

Yes indeed Steve.   I have friends who have had Beachcomber spas for over 15 years, Trouble free.  No Leaks.

It was one of my deciding factors to buy Beachcomber.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 03:31:20 am by ZzTop »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 08:58:03 am »
....How is Master with regards to claims....

Mendocino,
Personally, I haven't had to find out yet but I hope they will stand behind it just as I would hope any manufacturer would.  I'll be sure to post as circumstances dictate.....so far, though, so good.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 10:21:29 am »
Hey BobRex:

Yeah, that may be the case, although Virginia has some pretty strict consumer protection laws. I did a code search but haven't found a reference yet.

I will say this, however.  Artesian Spas (built by May Manufacturing, who I know NOTHING about) has been VERY helpful in terms of direct contact.  The dealer I bought the spa from a few years back went out of business.  Artesian helped me by putting me in contact with the next nearest dealer (who has been excellent) and also helped by answering any of my questions or issues directly by e-mail from their tech people.  Responses from Artesian have always been under 12 hours.

In my previous career, I was in charge of procurement for a municipal government and am now on the other end of the process.  Compared to vendors I've bought from and current vendors I compete with, I'd rank Artesian in the upper 10% of companies I've dealt with in terms of product and service quality (only MY experience to date).

If you read my posts on this forum, you WON'T see me say "buy an Artesian, it's the best" or anything close to that, I don't sell tubs so I won't recommend a brand.  However, I will tell you I'm HAPPY and that I like their product.

Food for thought...

Drewski

:)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Zoo

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 11:58:37 am »
Hi All,

As I have said in previous posts it is important that a manufacturer actually covers their warranty (I phrased it "the spirit of how they cover the warranty" or something like that. What Watkins has done with their customers has really cemented their reputation as a company that stands behind their spas. Beachcomber seems to do well in this repsect as well. Any commments on the longevity and warranty coverage of the Jacuzzi, D1, and Marquis spas? Any really happy owners of these spas out there that had these companies go the extra mile for them? Any older Marquis, D1, Jacuzzi premiums still relaxing you?

Still wondering....

Zoo

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 12:56:26 pm »
Geez Drew, I wasn't trying to slam Artesian.  All I was trying to do was get everyone to understand that "LIFETIME" warranties are a sales gimmick and are limited to how the state interprets the term.  Look at it this way, PDC offers a 35 year warranty on structure and 15 on Finish.  Gee, for all intent and purpose, that's actually better than "LIFETIME" here in PA :o

Artesian makes good product, (not sure about PDC  ;D), and they may provide fantastic warranty service,but given the laws, they are in no way obligated to support any warranty after 7 years (in PA and CA at least.)  So from what I can see, when it comes to the supposed superiorority of their warranty, the actual terms are pretty much typical of the higher end spas.

Now I'm not saying that's bad, just please recognize the sales gimmick.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 01:00:04 pm »
Very good point Bob Rex, I've mirrored your thoughts previously on the Spahelp.com site relative to D1 and their "Lifetime" warranty.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2004, 01:52:32 pm »
Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to come across negative.  BobRex, I appreciate your info.

I'm working on a deadline today, while doing this at the same time...  Sometimes I get a little TOO direct!  Just IGNORE me...

Sorry again..

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2004, 02:15:27 pm »
I believe most states have that 7 year limitation on "life time" warranties. It's the same here in Indiana. Royal spa mfg. P.O.S. glued together here in Indiana offers a 40 year structural. Big joke around here because every one knows the 7 year legal limit.

Geez Drew, I wasn't trying to slam Artesian.  All I was trying to do was get everyone to understand that "LIFETIME" warranties are a sales gimmick and are limited to how the state interprets the term.  Look at it this way, PDC offers a 35 year warranty on structure and 15 on Finish.  Gee, for all intent and purpose, that's actually better than "LIFETIME" here in PA :o

Artesian makes good product, (not sure about PDC  ;D), and they may provide fantastic warranty service,but given the laws, they are in no way obligated to support any warranty after 7 years (in PA and CA at least.)  So from what I can see, when it comes to the supposed superiorority of their warranty, the actual terms are pretty much typical of the higher end spas.

Now I'm not saying that's bad, just please recognize the sales gimmick.  

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2004, 02:15:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42