What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swirl Away or high TDS  (Read 3432 times)

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
Swirl Away or high TDS
« on: October 11, 2004, 09:55:04 am »
Changed water and used Swirl Away, didn't see much dirt come out of the jets, just had a little foam on top of water, didn't use any air, when pumps stopped the foam stayed but the water was as clear as always.

When we had our soak after we changed water my wife asked me if I adjusted the pumps (as if I new how) because the  jets had more pressure, the water also seemed quieter.
My question is was the increase in pressure increase due to using Swirl Away which didn't seem to dislodge anything from the pluming or the decrease of the TDS which was in the 2600 range and was the reason I changed the water?

Hot Tub Forum

Swirl Away or high TDS
« on: October 11, 2004, 09:55:04 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Swirl Away or high TDS
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 10:10:45 am »
I would guess the water change is making the most difference. Thats just based on memories of how different the water feels.  THe changes in jets I have noticed after swirl away was some of the spinner jets seems to spin more freely and a couple that were sticking, weren't sticking. I'll be doing another change next weekend and using the other half of the swirl away bottle.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 10:30:33 am »
How much Swirl Away did you use?  Did you let it run for an hour or so?  I'm surprised that the water was still clean afterwards.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 11:01:00 am »
I'm surprised that the water was still clean afterwards.

bulmer,
My only experience with SwirlAway was much the same as Oskar's though I didn't see any pressure differences or notice any jets operating better (I had no jet issues before the SwirlAway).  What little foam I had was fairly clean.  I chalk it up to plumbing that was fairly clean initially.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 11:08:07 am »
bulmer,
My only experience with SwirlAway was much the same as Oskar's though I didn't see any pressure differences or notice any jets operating better (I had no jet issues before the SwirlAway).  What little foam I had was fairly clean.  I chalk it up to plumbing that was fairly clean initially.
 8)

We've only had our Optima a couple of months and we didn't use it on initial fill but did on our first water change.  We had a LOT of foam and when it was done the water was darker (I'm assuming dirty) than before.  Maybe there was 'junk' in the plumbing from the factory and the next time we refill it won't be so bad.  I would like to think that the plumbing 'shouldn't' get that bad between fills and the water should still be relatively clean after the 'swirl away'.  Hopefully that's the case when we do our next fill.   :)
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 02:22:39 pm »
Bulmer4nc
Used half the bottle and ran for one hour, maybe because I don't add a lot of stuff to my water the pipes were clean, anyhow the water now has low TDS and I quite using MPS which was the major contributor to the high TDS.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 02:22:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42