What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber - The Epilog !  (Read 5996 times)

TALKCalgary.com

Beachcomber - The Epilog !
« on: September 26, 2004, 12:13:57 pm »
Well, after months of research, followed by weeks of wet testing and chewing the fat with fellow members of this forum (thanks for you patience guys and gals), our Beachcomber 750 was delivered today! Some eight hours later and my wife and I, along with our two children all pilled in for our first soak. All I can say is that, with the stars shining above and a cool breeze blowing, our first ever experience in our own personal spa is one that I doubt any of us will forget. Absolutely out of this world!

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber - The Epilog !
« on: September 26, 2004, 12:13:57 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Beachcomber - The Epilog !
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 12:50:22 pm »
Congrats! Glad to see you are hapy despite your slight episode of buyers remorse as you awaited delivery. My parents have that tub and continue to use it daily after almost a year. Besides the LE package what upgrades did you go for? Garden lights? Turbo?

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 03:28:18 pm »
Congrats TalkCalgary!  Glad you're installed & ready for Fall.  We'll think about you tonight around 9 - 10 and wonder if you're looking up at the same constellations as us!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 04:17:48 pm »
Congrats TalkCalgary!  Glad you're installed & ready for Fall.  We'll think about you tonight around 9 - 10 and wonder if you're looking up at the same constellations as us!

WTh nearly a full moon tonight you won't see that many, but probably more than us. :(
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 08:07:37 am »
Congrats,

My 750 arrives in 16 days.
(But whose counting?)

It's nice to hear this, your buyers remorse had me having second thoughts......

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 09:10:50 am »
Way to go, Cal.......May the gods of Spatopia bless you with crystal water......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

webber233

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 12:41:56 pm »
Congrats Calgary...

Our Beachcomber 750 arrives this week!  ;D

There seems to be a bunch of people getting the 750 lately.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 02:42:05 pm »
Congratulations Steve.
Its been quite a trip eh
Now you can just relax and enjoy  ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Welcome to Spatopia

Regards Zz

pcaulfi

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 02:49:12 pm »
We have now had our 750 for two and a half weeks. We are loving it. We bought the floor model because we couldn't wait for an ordered delivery, so we ended up with the sound system, lights, etc.

In our previous tubs (traditional wood) we never really seemed to have a need for a sound system, but I must admit this it is pretty nice to have some smooth jazz playing in the background. I have also used a FM modulator to play the music stored on the computer in the house through the system.

The weather here in Parker (CO) has not yet been below 60 when we have gone in, so I am really looking forward to a cold, snowy evening this fall/winter/spring.

Jordy

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 10:04:58 pm »
TALKCalgary.com- that's what it's all about, couldn't have said it better myself!! ;D

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 12:44:43 am »
Congrats! Glad to see you are hapy despite your slight episode of buyers remorse as you awaited delivery. My parents have that tub and continue to use it daily after almost a year. Besides the LE package what upgrades did you go for? Garden lights? Turbo?

HTMan

Sorry for the delay in posting back - but as you can imagine, we have been tubbing extensively over the last few days :D To answer your questions, we went for the BC-750LE  Since our spa was going to be installed in a corner, we also added a custom version of the garden light package. Instead of a light on each side, we had a pair of lights placed on two sides (after all why put lights where you cant see them)?

Finally, we added the turbo pump and upgraded the second pump from 3.5 to 4.5HP. Strange thing is, after all my newbe concerns about getting a pump system powerful enough to blast you into a low earth orbit, I find that most the time I prefer to relax with the pumps set to low (or even off altogether). I can hear the "we told you so" remarks already

I do have a couple of quick questions:
1. Is alkalinity lowered by frequent use?
2. (For BC 750/40 users)  Is it normal for the foot jets to have different flow rates? The reason I ask is, we appear to have one foot jet that is much more powerful than the others, and one which is very weak.

pcaulfi

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 07:52:17 am »
". (For BC 750/40 users)  Is it normal for the foot jets to have different flow rates? The reason I ask is, we appear to have one foot jet that is much more powerful than the others, and one which is very weak. "

Did you check to see if you had the two jets possibly partially turned off? (Rotating the outer collar will turn off and on individual jets).

Pat
750C-LE

webber233

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 02:30:03 pm »
How do you hook up an FM modulator to play music on your computer?

--------------------
In our previous tubs (traditional wood) we never really seemed to have a need for a sound system, but I must admit this it is pretty nice to have some smooth jazz playing in the background. I have also used a FM modulator to play the music stored on the computer in the house through the system.

--------------------

pcaulfi

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 05:59:58 pm »
I used an iRock (from radio shack) plugged into the speaker jack.

Pat

pcaulfi

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 06:01:24 pm »
For clairfication I was sending  music that is stored on the computer (MP3, etc) to the stero on the HT.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 06:01:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42