What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Test, Not  (Read 3515 times)

mextex

Wet Test, Not
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:00:42 pm »
Why is it that every tub I like is not the one that the dealer has available to wet test?

>:(

Hot Tub Forum

Wet Test, Not
« on: October 01, 2004, 05:00:42 pm »

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
Re: Wet Test, Not
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 05:28:09 pm »
<<Why is it that every tub I like is not the one that the dealer has available to wet test? >>

Every dealer that we visited (about 6) told us they could transfer the water to any tub in about 15 minutes.  We could even soak in one tub, wait 15 minutes and soak in another tub on the same afternoon.  Tell the dealer clearly that you would never buy a tub without a test soak.  PERIOD!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 05:30:39 pm »
Mextex, where do you live? From what I can tell wet testing is easier in parts of the US than it is here in Canada. Here (near Toronto) most dealers have 1-3 tubs full and are reluctant to fill another. Try something similar or apply pressure.
Homeworks Financing Representative

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 10:11:18 am »
Why is it that every tub I like is not the one that the dealer has available to wet test?

>:(

We had the same problem with Sundance.  There are 3 within an hour and a half of us.  2 did not have the Optima or Cameo for wet testing but the 3rd did (farthest from us).  It was worth it and the drive home was a good time for us to discuss the pros and cons and how it compared to the other models we had tested.  If you have other dealers that are farther away it may be worth you effort to give them a call.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 12:00:32 pm »
When my local dealer didn't have the tub that I was interested in filled, I call other dealers.  Found 2 within 45 minutes with it filled.  Ended up buying it 30 minutes away and saved $700!

Jordy

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 12:44:56 am »
Any dealer who wants you as a client should be willing to make any arrangements neccesary for you to feel confident about which model you buy. If your dealer isn't willing to do this for you, deal somewhere else because it is most likely an indication of what kind of service you can expect from him down the road. WET TEST IS KING!!! Please don't buy a hot tub/spa without first wet-testing it.Please.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 11:34:42 am »

We had the same problem with Sundance.  There are 3 within an hour and a half of us.  2 did not have the Optima or Cameo for wet testing but the 3rd did (farthest from us).  It was worth it and the drive home was a good time for us to discuss the pros and cons and how it compared to the other models we had tested.  If you have other dealers that are farther away it may be worth you effort to give them a call.

todd,
Which did you buy and from which dealer?  The only reason I ask is that the Sundance dealers that were not closest to me refused to quote me--they said Sundance does not allow them to sell in another dealer's area.  It cost Sundance a sale considering the closest dealer to me is a jerk.......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 08:02:08 pm »
We bought the Cameo.  The dealer we finally bought from was about an equal distance from us as was another (just in opposite directions).  The one we wet tested (who was farther than the other 2) with was told up front that we were "using him" for the wet test only and he didn't have a problem with that (why - don't know besides his prices were higher than the other 2).  The other 2 were about the same price just the one offered more of the stuff we wanted in that same price.  He even asked us a couple of times "how far away is this other dealer?"  I guess when areas overlap there is a loophole.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 08:02:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42