What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting Testy  (Read 3286 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Getting Testy
« on: October 05, 2004, 11:50:52 pm »
I’m so close to using my new hot tub that I can taste the chlorine! Today I had the 230 line hooked up--the tub is filled and hot --everything is a go except for the chemistry. My dealer offered to test my water to suggest a chemical regime so I thought I would hold off one more day for precision sake. My question is, going forth what is the best way to test the water? The tub came with some strips, but I’ve heard there are more accurate tests. What do you (all) use?

Hot Tub Forum

Getting Testy
« on: October 05, 2004, 11:50:52 pm »

Jordy

Re: Getting Testy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 01:15:38 am »
Test strips are good for a quick check of the spawater prior to getting in. The drops and test tubes provided in "test kits" are usually a little more accurate and you should use them before you do your weekly treatment to the spawater. It is also a good idea when you first get your spa to bring in a water sample (at least 500ml. or 1 pint) to your dealer(within 7-10 days of use) so that he can test it. Your dealer should have a  more advanced water lab with which he can run a more comprehensive test that will allow him to print out  step-by-step instructions for what you need to do to achieve perfect spawater conditions in your spa. I ask all my clients to bring a water sample every week for the first 4-6 weeks so that we can address their concerns and  help them get a full understanding of what they need to know about water care. After the first 4-6 weeks, I recommend that my clients bring a water sample to be tested to the store every month to month and a half. Have fun with your spa!!!

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 08:29:52 am »
We use a test kit from Walmart that was $15 (not sure who posted this but good find) for our testing.  Also use the strips for a quickie look at ph and Alk.  

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 09:08:53 am »
We also use the $15 Walmart kit.  It's made by company called AquaChem.  Works great for us.

It's the 6-way kit on this product page:

http://www.aquachem.com/ABAccess.asp

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 11:02:56 am »
The Taylor Test Kit is about $50 but worth every penny, IMHO.  The booklet that is included is excellent--the best single reference I've seen.  Order here:
http://www.rhtubs.com/store/test-kits.htm
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 11:40:42 am »
I agree that the test kits are more accurate - yet I find that using the strips on a regular basis works fine for our customers. I no longer stock the test kits in our stores, but will gladly order one if asked.

The test kit to avoid is the two-way, which only tests Chlorine and pH.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 12:57:05 pm »
We also use the $15 Walmart kit.  It's made by company called AquaChem.  Works great for us.

It's the 6-way kit on this product page:

http://www.aquachem.com/ABAccess.asp

Ken

Our Walmart sells the same kit from DTH? (In a blue plastic box.) Documentation is only fair, but the kit works fine.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 12:57:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42