What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pressure Switch keeps getting stuck / temperature issues  (Read 1694 times)

shodges7977

Pressure Switch keeps getting stuck / temperature issues
« on: December 12, 2021, 07:41:40 am »
Hi friends, longtime hot tub owner here.  My old trusty Cal Spa (with Applied Computer Control pack) is continually having an issue with the pressure switch getting stuck open, on both high and low ... so my temp drops over time bc the heater is not running.  If I hear it trying to turn on I can go out there and turn the jets off and on a few times and it will getting "unstuck" and start heating again, but by then the temp has usually dropped to the mid 90's and it takes hours to get back to 104, where we like to use it.

I had this same issue toward the end of last season so I replaced the pressure switch at the start of this season .. no change.  I replaced my heater coil 2 years ago.

My water level is always fine - I do have a slow leak but I keep the water topped off (going to address the leaky union next spring when the weather warms back up and tub season is over).

So why would I keep getting the "PSoH" and "PSoL" switch errors??  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Pressure Switch keeps getting stuck / temperature issues
« on: December 12, 2021, 07:41:40 am »

A.O.

Re: Pressure Switch keeps getting stuck / temperature issues
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 08:11:54 am »
Hi friends, longtime hot tub owner here.  My old trusty Cal Spa (with Applied Computer Control pack) is continually having an issue with the pressure switch getting stuck open, on both high and low ... so my temp drops over time bc the heater is not running.  If I hear it trying to turn on I can go out there and turn the jets off and on a few times and it will getting "unstuck" and start heating again, but by then the temp has usually dropped to the mid 90's and it takes hours to get back to 104, where we like to use it.

I had this same issue toward the end of last season so I replaced the pressure switch at the start of this season .. no change.  I replaced my heater coil 2 years ago.

My water level is always fine - I do have a slow leak but I keep the water topped off (going to address the leaky union next spring when the weather warms back up and tub season is over).

So why would I keep getting the "PSoH" and "PSoL" switch errors??  Thanks in advance.

Wait... WHAT??  Hot tub season over?? What the heck are you talking about?

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Pressure Switch keeps getting stuck / temperature issues
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 08:11:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42