What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need some opinions  (Read 5193 times)

sandi

Need some opinions
« on: October 03, 2004, 11:36:10 pm »
My husband and I are getting ready to purchase a hot tub and I would love some opinions/word of mouth information. Obviously, we want the highest quality for the best price. They're a little higher than what we were hoping, so we want to make the best decision.  We have looked at Marquis, Hot Springs and Catalinas so far.  I've been reading a lot on the Marquis and Hot Springs, but haven't heard much about the Catalina???  (Any reason why?) We like the look of the Catalinas and the stereo. Has anyone had any problems with them?  At this point I probably lean towards the Marquis, but we have just begun. This is a huge investment for us.  I would appreciate if anyone has any advice or experience good :) or bad >:( with any of these spas.  Also, I'm only 5.1", so need something I won't float away in!  

Hot Tub Forum

Need some opinions
« on: October 03, 2004, 11:36:10 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Need some opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 12:03:46 am »
I think you will hear more people recommend the Marquis or Hot Springs...Catalina does have supporters as well....What models are you looking for....what area are you in....I recommend The Hot Springs Or Marquis myself....

sandi

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 12:22:09 am »
We are in the Kansas City area.  We've looked at the Hot Springs Vanguard and Sovereign and the Marquis Reward, 530, and the 636 models.  The more I read, the more I stray away from the fiber optic lights, etc.   We were also going to look at Sundance and Arctic spas as well.  We have four children so can't afford to buy the biggest best one out there, but hopefully will get a great spa.  ( This is mainly for me..... I need it because of the four kids. Ha)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 01:24:44 am »
The reward is one of the best tubs out there as is the vanguard....you are considering some of the very best...I think you will find artic to be priced higher and highly debatable if it is money well spent....from what you are sharing I would focus on the Marquis...Hot Springs and Sundance...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 01:29:50 am »
By the way I am a big fan of the standard Reward with its true Whirlpool and its post jets....I think the post seat on it allows a person to get therapy in ways that not many spas can offer....when fully utilized it really is a fantastic therapy tool....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 01:44:46 am by Mendocino101 »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 09:46:42 am »
I've pushed many people to the Marquis dealer in Overland Park. He is very honest and reputable. I would be happy to give you references from others that have bought from him through this forum. I'm a big fan of Marquis and think is truly the best "sensible" spa purchase today. I do have quite a bit of experience with Catalina but little of it that is good....

BTW, I'm not in KS  nor attached to that dealer in anyway
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 09:47:31 am by stuart »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 11:51:49 am »
The Hot Springs and Marquis spas are both very good. I'd rate Catalina a step down from them (IMO of course).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jenn

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 12:18:25 pm »
Here's my 2 cents...we just purchased a Marquis 530, and we love it.  We looked at Hot Springs, but price wise, the 530 was more in line with what we wanted to spend.  I'm 5'6, my husband is 6'3 and we really liked the 2 loungers on the 530.  I think you would fit just fine in the shallower lounger on this tub.  (if loungers are what you want)

For comparison sake, we spent $5995 + tax on the 530...it included cover and lifter, steps, stereo, and delivery....

I guess the only concern I would have is if you want to have you, spouse and 4 kids in at one time, it might be a little tight....

I'm just a happy owner, but certainly not knowledgeable about the other brands!!!!

Good luck with your search!

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 01:23:02 pm »
I think Marquis gives you more tub for the money than Hot Springs, though both are excellent tubs. We wet tested both and choose Marquis. Hot Springs was fourth on our list behind Caldera and D1.

Mendo, does the Reward have post jets or are you talking about the Euphoria?

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 01:26:02 pm »
does the Reward have post jets or are you talking about the Euphoria?

The Reward, non SA, has the post jets as well.

I had done a lot of shopping and wet testing (8 brands and more than 15 tubs) and found Marquis to be a fantastic choice for reasons of price, design, versatility in therapy, warranty and engineering.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 01:32:24 pm by empolgation »
e

taraka

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 02:31:06 pm »
I looked at the Dimentions 1, Hot springs, and Sundance before I purchased.  I decided on the Sundance Altamar.  Got it 2 weeks ago and LOVE IT ;D

I really liked the Cameo, but I'm 5'6" and floated out of the lounger.  The spa purchase was also mainly for me and therpeutic reasons.  Stress, you know, A JOB, SPOUSE, KIDS.  I use it almost everyday, mostly by myself(great stress reliever).  I've not had more than 2 people in it, but would probably be to small for 6 people unless the kids are little.

I didn't get the radio and extras, I thought it was too expensive and they make plenty of water proof radio/CD players for the shower that I'm going to purchase. :-/

saz

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 02:58:27 pm »
Lots of good advice from everyone....all i can say is wet test wet test wet test. We made decisions based on discussions without even stepping foot into a tub, and you just can't do that. So many things go out of the window. I'm 5ft2,a nd my hubby is 6ft5. We've got the marquis reward, and for us, it just ticked all the right boxes.
Let us know what  you decide
saz

sandi

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 09:53:28 pm »
Thanks for all the great advice.  This makes me feel better about the ones we've been considering.  I will be the main one to use it and doubt if all of us will be in it at the same time often.  
Also good to hear positives about the Marquis OP dealer, because that is where we looked.  That was the one my gut feeling went with up to this point.  It is mainly deciding on what features and price now.  I would like to do a wet test though for sure.  
Thanks again :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 06:50:41 am »
Sandi,

Be sure and wet test.  Marquis is a great brand, but when I was looking, the wet test sealed the deal for me.  I am 5'0" and I own the HotSpring Vanguard.  I think you will be happy whichever way you go.

Be sure and take hubby and kids with you to wet test, that way you know how you all will fit!

Good luck!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 06:50:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42