What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water change and swirl away  (Read 3038 times)

nicker

water change and swirl away
« on: October 04, 2004, 08:39:18 am »
It will be time for me to change my water in about a month.  I have been reading that allot of people use this swirl way during every water change.  I have been told that this is not neccessary unless your water is really dirty or you are on well water.    My water and water balance has been very good thus far.  I was told to only use the swirl away once a year as it is hard on the system.  All and all it make sence to me.   I can see some of the plumbing in the compartment and the lines still look white as can be.    I do use a solution once a week during my shocks and filter cleaning/swap.    Does everyone use the swirl away during every water change?

Hot Tub Forum

water change and swirl away
« on: October 04, 2004, 08:39:18 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: water change and swirl away
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 09:08:43 am »
I just used it for the first time on our 18 month old spa, just to see what would happen.  I honestly don't know if it did any good or not.  We were not having any water quailty problems.  I don't honestly know when or if we'll use it again.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 09:11:28 am »
I never heard of swirl away until my tub was about a year old.  The first time I used it, it did seem to dislodge a small amount of crud from the plumbing, but nothing to write home about I have no doubt is a good product, but I think its use is a little hyped here. Its cost is reasonable, a bottle gets two uses for most size tubs.  My only midly informed opinion is, if your tub is new, you don't need it, it won't hurt, might even help. If your tub is a year old, give it a try.  I've thrown more money away on products that do less.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 11:18:18 am »
I use swirl away every water change.  It seems like cheap insurance to me and as I and others have stated, jets get cleaned out and work better after use.  I am interested in the statement that swirl away is hard on the system.  This is the first I have heard that.  Can someone elaborate?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 11:18:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42