What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought the spa...  (Read 4465 times)

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
Bought the spa...
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:05:16 pm »
...yesterday!!!  I purchased (after many wet test soaks, too much reading online, meeting dealers, etc) the Marquis Euphoria.  We were convinced, beyond any reasonable doubt that there simply is not a better made tub on the market.  The warranty alone sells the tub...but when you factor in all the specs of the spa, HOT DANG!!!!  We are so excited.  The dealer told us that we should expect delivery in 2-3 weeks.  We are having our patio poured next week.  Michigan Autumn is upon us, and warm water sounds SO wonderful.

We paid $7, 495.00 for the tub, steps, colored light, start up chemicals, delivery, cover and lift.
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions once I enter spatopia.   :)
Elle

Hot Tub Forum

Bought the spa...
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:05:16 pm »

TahoesMama

Re: Bought the spa...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 09:16:38 pm »
Congratulations Elle!

We've been looking at Marquis also (the Rewards), and we agree.  You can't go with a better made spa.  In our area, the service personnel seemed great too (not that you'll be needing it - hopefully).  Good luck.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 11:37:16 pm »
Congratulations!!

Sounds like a well informed, educated decision - welcome to euphoria...
e

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 12:56:47 am »
Congratulations.....Enjoy your new spa.... :D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 01:02:05 am »
Your about to find out why they call it Euphoria.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 07:36:53 am »
Congratulations on getting through what usually is the hard part. Rest assured most of us here will welcome hearing about how your delivery and start up goes. Its fun to relive those times.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 09:16:05 am »
Way to go, Elle--May the gods of Spatopia bless you with crystal clear water.......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 10:07:06 am »
CONGRATS, we have had the SA euhoria for about a week. Had some fun science projects with it but on the right track now. (just becuz of our hard water). I had some help on this forum thank goodness. You will love the spa. We live near the Oregon town where they are manufactured and we not only thought they are theee..........best we kept our busines locally. I did ALOT of research(as it sounds you did too) and they are truly a great company ALL AROUND. I would be interested to hear how you do, and you will be in good hands here on this forum. Have fun with your new toy!!!!

kay

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 12:28:19 pm »
Congratulations!!!

Welcome to Spatopia!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 01:03:28 pm »
Great deal and congrats! We felt the same way and bought the same spa last March. We are very pleased and know that you will be too. Just out of curosity, what other spas did you test?

Elle

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 03:01:17 pm »
<<Just out of curosity, what other spas did you test? >>

We tested:
*Hot Springs   :o  Grandee and Vangaurd (way too expensive for what they offered)
*Bullfrog   :( (didn't like the jet packs...seemed cheap)
*Master Spa  >:( (didn't even have to get in one...knew we didn't want this one)
*Sundance  :-/ (second choice was the Optima, but we didn't like the pillows...salesman said they were warranted for 1 yr and will fade and deteriorate with chemical use)
*Jacuzzi  :( (tub reminded me of my jacuzzi tub in my bathroom...not impressed)
*D1   :(  (liked it, but didn't like all the elbow joints that could leak later on)
*Other brands that were sold from the same dealer...can't remember all the brands.  We've been looking for almost a year.  I know Sundance dealer carries the other sundance brands, etc.

Honestly, the first tub we visited (dry), the Euphoria, was the last tub we wet tested.  It was the hands down winner.  We saved the best for last, so to speak.

I'm wondering how hard the chemical balancing is.  The service at the showroom is outstanding, and they swear they'll help every step of the way towards chemical balance...but still.  I've never had a pool or spa before, so I'm a novice at water chemistry.

Those with Marquis...do you use the frog that is built into the spa?  How does it work for you?

Elle

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 03:32:54 pm »
Those with Marquis...do you use the frog that is built into the spa?  How does it work for you?

I hadn't used bromine as the main sanitizer before having the frog - I thought I had to try it out since it's built in and got all the start up with the tub.

So far it's working great... It took about a week to get the bromine level to where I wanted it, dialing the cartridge down a bit at a time - but since then I haven't even had to think about it, the bromine stays right where I want it.
e

Tucsonjohn

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 12:25:46 am »
Congratulations Elle!  If you enjoy your tub as much as I do mine, you will be very, very happy!  

I have owned mine for about 10 days now and it has been a wonderful experience - one of the best purchases that I have made in a long time.  

TJ

Tucsonjohn

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 12:27:19 am »
ps - Elle, I grew up in Garden City Michigan and so miss the great fall colors there - not to mention Red Wing hockey!

TJ

Elle

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 08:38:33 am »
This year, we're all missing Red Wing hockey.   :'(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 08:38:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42