What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical Class  (Read 3632 times)

TahoesMama

Chemical Class
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:42:51 am »
Hi everyone,

Our Sundance Salesman offers a monthly class to new owners to teach how to use cleaning/testing products.  Are there any particular questions I should ask or things I should try to find out in advance?  Our spa won't be here for a couple of weeks, and from reading some of the post on Baqua products, it seems that there have been a few issues and concerns about the pros/cons of using it.  Does anyone have anything they'd like me to investigate and report back?  I think Ill also ask about the scumbags/scumballs that we've been discussing lately.  Let me know and I'll tell it all after I've come back.

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical Class
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:42:51 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Chemical Class
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 09:48:36 am »
Sure, if you don't mind.  I'd like to hear their explanation of the "Baqua Cough" phenomenon.  What exactly it is, what causes it, how to correct.  
Other things I've heard about the products are that they attack polycarbonate plastic, and the brown scumline issue.  
Explanations of that would be interesting.
Brewman
Brewman

TahoesMama

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 05:07:41 pm »
Will do, Brew.  We're supposed to provide a sample of the water we will be filling the tub with, he will test it and give chemical explanation of what we should do, as well as show us all of the ins & outs of Baqua.  I'll ask your questions as well as my own and any others that come up.

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 10:27:02 am »
Brewman and Tahoes mama

I to use Baqua products in my tiger river bengal. Have had the scum problems and  Spa cough problem.
My local Hotspring Dealer told me to do the folowing. For the scum use more waterline controll. Whitch did seem to help, but i feel runing a cleaning cycle after spa use seems to take care of problem preventing it from ever occuring.

As for the Baqua cough  my dealer gave me a copy of a fax he got of the internet somwhere that says

"To prevent Bathtub ring and coughing. keep the ph at the lower end of the ok range,around 7.2
keep in mind that the aeration and jets will cause ph to rise.
Also keep the calcium hardness around 300.
together these will make surface tension of the water higher in turn keeping bubbles and chemical oders down."  I dont know if this works or not as i changed water a day after i got this info since my water was already 3.5 months old. New water is Great.

Have experiencd cough and scum again since water change using same baqua chems.  Ran low on Baqua shock last week onley had half recomended weekley dose. Funney thing cough went away, leading me to think it is caused by the  hydrogen peroxide in the baqua shock.

Well thats my experiences with Baqua Products. Would be interested in other products if there not clorine based, any sugestions?

TahoesMama

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 12:32:36 pm »
Mornin' T6,

I'm gonna add your experience to my list of things to take to class.  Came really close to buying the Bengal before we picked our Sundance, so I know you've got a great tub.  The Hot Springs dealer we talked to who sold the Tiger River series recommended using Everclear Freshwater products.  Does your tub have an ozonator?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 02:38:13 pm »
Thanks for the info, T6texan.  I only had the scumline problem for the firs water I had in the spa, now I don't get even a little waterline deposit at all.  
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 04:58:27 pm »
Just curious, to they let you, or tell you to bring in some of your water to class?  Even if you don't have your tub yet, that could be useful.

I saw in a later post, you do bring water in to the class. Let us know the results.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 04:59:19 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 07:40:20 pm »
Hello Tahoes Mama

No my Bengal doesnt have ozonator on it. Have considered geting one .

Let us know how the class goes and what the instructor has to say about my experiences with Baqua.

Thanks T6

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 07:40:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42