What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical supplies shortage ?  (Read 2211 times)

bachman

Chemical supplies shortage ?
« on: May 19, 2021, 10:35:49 pm »

Hello all in the hot tub world;

Been a while since I was checking in on subjects and perusing information. We are many years happy with our tub and had a good deal of help and input from many here as we set up a tub gifted to us a few years back.
If my new question here rings some obvious bells and anyone can point me to a thread or posts related, I apologize in advance for not searching good enough.
Chatting with my dad last week as he is opening his pool in MI, he mentioned a shortage of some pool chemicals. I didn't think much of it at the time but have been working off some built up inventory for a while with hot tub stuff.
Today I noted Walmart had a pool section of things with a sign of limited supply or limits on purchases. Is this shortage for bromine or chlorine tablets ? I have yet to check tub suppliers locally or online but will need to get more bromine soon. 👍

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical supplies shortage ?
« on: May 19, 2021, 10:35:49 pm »

bachman

Re: Chemical supplies shortage ?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 09:41:50 am »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/30/a-major-chlorine-shortage-is-set-to-spoil-swimming-pool-fun-this-summer.html

Thank you for the link. That date of the story tells me I'm not too far behind the news curve.

When I tuned in here last evening and checked the past month or so of hot tub topics (about 4 pages past), I was somewhat reassured to not see any hint of the topics/subject raging on in panic fashion about supplies or where to get them etc...   
Maybe it's a bit more of a regional issue in the states and some have good supplies in the cupboard. I'll continue to stay tuned.

Our set up came with everything needed chemistry-wise, some covering a bit more than a year and other stuff close to 2 years. Only recently, have I had to go fetch anything. Using the stock of mineral and bromine "frog cartridges", I only supplement a bit here and there on a few things to fine tune. I think our tub is 450 gallons. Starting to feel like summer is moving in over here in CO.   8)🌞

Happy tubbing !

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 09:45:02 am by bachman »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Chemical supplies shortage ?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 09:41:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42