What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian and Clearwater ??  (Read 3911 times)

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Artesian and Clearwater ??
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:04:15 pm »
We are a spa retailer looking to change lines after 13 years of carrying Caldera.  We are looking at the Artesian line and Clearwater line.  Does anyone have any information they can share about them.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian and Clearwater ??
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:04:15 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Artesian and Clearwater ??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 02:33:43 pm »
No, idea which one to choose, but why are you changing lines?  

Caldera generates more leads than Sundance, backed by Watkins, and can get a spa out to you in less than 2 weeks.  

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 02:39:50 pm »
It takes 3 to 5 weeks to get a tub here..... And there lead system gives you leads thats are months old.....
Watkins pushes hot springs, we are the red headed step child to them.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 02:54:37 pm »
Only info on artesian I could find was a search on this board for artesian where someone said they have a 1.4% "failure" rate (whatever that means)

and a post from the pool and spa forum:

http://www.poolsearch.com/forum/read.php?f=8&i=12904&t=636

"I also agree that Artesian has a history of leaks. We have a dove canyon and have had numerous problems from the get go... we still have it, but i can tell you that the 8000 we paid was way too much!! I wouldn't recommend an artesian."

Aside from that info on Artesian is hard to come by other than there exist a few artesian owners who are happy with there tubs here.

-Ed

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 06:29:12 pm »
It takes 3 to 5 weeks to get a tub here..... And there lead system gives you leads thats are months old.....
Watkins pushes hot springs, we are the red headed step child to them.

Just curious. Is that for multiple orders or does it take that long because you're they're not your major selling product and you're ordering onesy, twosy quantities? It doesn't make sense that a company that size takes that long to get their dealers product. I would have imagined they'd ship in truckloads in a timely manner.

Also, I would think leads would be generated electronically via the web where there shouldn't be a time gap.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 02:46:23 pm »
Alot of the time i think that it has to do with there dealer support girls. They hold it as long as they want. Sometimes i can order 8 spas and it takes weeks to get for some reason. And the orders are electronic but the source dates are always months old. I can call the customer and they will tell me that it has been months since they did that and already bought.......

So what do you think or the Clearwater and Artesian ???

PPOL

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 03:00:20 pm »
Sorry to hear about your experience.  We have not had the same issues and we are located on the East Coast.  I can special order spa and it usually gets here within a week.

I agree the leads have not brought a huge amount of sales, I think it also has to do with my website being on the dealer locator, rather than fill out the form they just jump to the website.

I just ordered six spas for the showroom and they shipped in 4 days.  Strangely everything I ordered was in pearl.  ;)

What part of the country is your business?

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

wetone

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 04:50:13 pm »
We brought in Artesian early March of this year, their Island series has become our best seller. The are very competitivly priced and delivery from manufacture is 3 - 4 weeks from order date to Ontario Canada. So far 0 service calls ;D.

You can email me direct if you would like more info info@abchottubs.com
John

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 05:42:29 pm »
We are on the west coast about 10 hours from there factory, go figure .........

You have not had any service calls...... Thats great. What about the cabinet? do you think it will hold over time?

wetone

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 07:32:15 am »
We are on the west coast about 10 hours from there factory, go figure .........

You have not had any service calls...... Thats great. What about the cabinet? do you think it will hold over time?

90 + Artesian spas sold since march no service calls. :) The cabinet is the same material that a number of manufactures use such as, Beachcomber, Coleman, Coast spas. It is a solid product colored all the way through it should stand up better than wood.
john

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 06:36:35 pm »
Thanks for all the feed back on these tubs. It has helped me alot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 06:36:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42