What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Servicing Inground Tubs  (Read 2315 times)

TahoesMama

Servicing Inground Tubs
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:20:10 pm »
Bear with me, folks.  This is probably gonna sound really dumb to the experts, but as a newbie, I'm wondering, how does one service inground tubs?  How are the service panels accessed, being that service personnel can't pull the panels from the fronts/sides as in above ground spas?

Hot Tub Forum

Servicing Inground Tubs
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:20:10 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Servicing Inground Tubs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 08:53:35 pm »
Is this a self contained spa that you are building a deck around to give it a built in look?

TahoesMama

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 09:13:43 pm »
That's it.  After looking at a few pictures in brochures and other places, it's something that we began to consider, that is, until we started thinking about how do you get to "the guts" if the deck is built around it?  Do you allow for removing a certain amount of decking material, and the service personnel have to work from inside a hole?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:37:03 pm »
Yes Tahoe, you need to plan an "access area" or "trap door" to get to the equipment if needed. Another caveat: NO WARRANTY INCLUDES REMOVAL OF A TUB FROM A DECK AND REINSTALLATION. My point? Well, if you spring a leak and some part of the tub other than the "trap door" area needs to be accessed, it is your responsibility to make that part of the spa accessible to the technician, not the manufacturer or dealer.
Homeworks Financing Representative

TahoesMama

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 10:49:57 am »
Whoa!  That's something to really think about.  Knew there had to be some type of considerations we didn't factor, and I'm glad I was able to get some feedback.  Thanks a bunch! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 10:49:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42