What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast spas  (Read 3818 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Coast spas
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:11:23 pm »
I've got Coast knocking on my door offering my some pretty cool incentives for one of my new stores. What's the feeling of the pros for this line?

Hot Tub Forum

Coast spas
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:11:23 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Coast spas
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 05:31:42 pm »
C'mon Stuart! You know where this company is coming from don't you? I know you have been in the industry longer than me. See any similairities between their product and...hmm... i dont know CAL SPA?!?!?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 05:37:56 pm »
Can you say "Chuck Hewitt?"  :(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 05:57:07 pm »
Naa! Chuck was told by the court system he could not have anything to do with the spa industry again and he always does what he is told! ;) ;)

Yes of course I know where they came from and no I would not put all my eggs in one basket on that store and carry just their line.

The one thing we can all say about Chuck Hewitt is that he was an Icon in the industry and for all of his deceptiveness and ruthlessness, he made the CalSpa a household name.

They have some cool shell designs and a lot of sex appeal in addition to some features that are quite unique. I'm posting this because I want to know what the buzz is on their reliability. Some of the hokey things they put on a spa I find both ridiculous and intriguing. I would never give up my D1 or Marquis lines for them nor would I even sell them on the same floor but I have an opportunity to put a store in an area that is predominantly "X" gener's that like all of that flash and flam.

Right now Coast is way far down the list of manufactures knocking on my door for that store but again, I wouldn't be a good business person if I didn't examine it because of my personal preferences, not everybody wants what I want.  

Internally I'm looking for ammo to say no and then be able to defend that decision when they open down the street.

I got burned pretty bad by Master Spa with all the issues I had to deal with and yes, I brought them on for the same reason – sex appeal! I don’t want to make another costly mistake like that so I want to do my research!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 07:10:29 pm »
Stuart,

Here are the pros:

rocket

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 07:12:29 pm »
I've got a Coast/Jucuzzi dealer in town and the salesman moves the customer away from Coast for reliability issues.  He says, "Too many service calls."

Read the warranty, it looks like a team of 10 attorneys wrote it.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 07:24:51 pm »
Stuart,

Here are the pros:

rocket

Are you saying that you didn't want to take the exorbitant amount of time it would consume to list the cons? :o

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 07:27:25 pm »
No.  In stu's original message he asked for pros only.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 07:39:54 pm »
I don't think he was requesting pro's only vs con's. I think he wanted the opinion of the pro's.....Correct me if I am wrong here.

Assuming this is what he wanted, all I can offer is what I have heard from consumers locally. Most of the complaints I have heard deal with warranty service charges, exclusions and travel charges.

Homeworks Financing Representative

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 07:44:04 pm »
I misread the message, thanks.

Your analysis of the product is correct based upon what I am hearing in my market also.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 02:41:46 am »
Funny thing I worked for company that it is my understanding Chuck owned before he started Cal Spas....Will not get into the details but it is not a place I would do any business with.....

Chas_is_back

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 01:15:11 pm »
Can you say "Chuck Hewitt?"  

Sure:  Chuck Hewitt

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 01:15:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42