What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about the cd ozone???  (Read 3132 times)

marty

Question about the cd ozone???
« on: September 30, 2004, 11:30:38 am »
I just bought the Sundance Cameo (and love it) and have had it for a week or so, They came out the other day and installed the ozone filter. My question is do I need to go by the test strip as far as the chlorine and PH level? If so I seem to be adding chlorine just as much as I was before the ozone was installed although the water seems to be much fresher then before. Any help on this would be great. The Cameo is a great spa....

Thanks

Marty

Hot Tub Forum

Question about the cd ozone???
« on: September 30, 2004, 11:30:38 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Question about the cd ozone???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 11:55:32 am »
It depends on the test strip, some of the strips out now actually tell you the two readings you should have with and without ozone. You should always try to keep your PH to the suggested level no matter what medium your using but I keep my Chlorine to the low side of the test strip with Ozone and AG+.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 12:26:22 pm »
Hi Marty!  Try your local Walmart, they have a liquid test kit for about $15.  CalicoskiesNC was first to point it out, several on the board have bought one.  It's not much more than the cost of test strips and I think a lot more accurate.
Stars

stiffy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 06:10:05 pm »
Howdie, was one of those who hit wal-M and spent the money. test strips and chem test kit read the same on chlorine but where much different for PH and ALK.
feel the chem test kits the way to go IMO.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 07:23:57 pm »
Doing this for 15 yrs.  Test kits, though are a little more accurate are too much trouble.  I like test strips, fast and accurate enough for what we ask of it.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 02:34:25 am »
The company that makes the Aqua Test Strips are the same company that makes the strips used for certain types of Blood testing and from what I understand are made in the same factory with much the same standards...becasue of these standards they tout them as being the best in the industry...If they are made side by the medical strips they are good enough for me....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 02:34:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42