What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tropic Seas brand  (Read 4766 times)

patd

Tropic Seas brand
« on: March 30, 2021, 06:40:04 pm »
Hi all, I am brand new to this forum and to the world of hot tubs.  I'm looking to get a larger sized hot tub -- 6 to 8 seats -- for a house in Shepherdstown WV.  I'm being advised that Jacuzzi brand products are on a major backlog because of the pandemic and that generally speaking inventory of all brands is low. 

A reputable local dealer is recommending the Tropic Seas label.  I'm being advised that it's a mid-level brand at worse and that it's a solid brand although obviously not a Jacuzzi.  What do folks think?  Basically I'm on a 10k budget but I'm flexible.  I don't need the best of the best but don't want to buy anything low end.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Tropic Seas brand
« on: March 30, 2021, 06:40:04 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Tropic Seas brand
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:24:30 am »
Tropic Seas is a May Manufacturing product, IE Artesian. Artesian and it's related spas are a solid value and a quality brand.

Looks like Specs and such are very similar to the Island spa line, which is a good upper mid level tub. Less bells and whistles than The Artesian Elite or Island Elites but better than the South Seas or Garden Spa lines.

I have an Island Nevis coming any day now which I went with after months or research.

patd

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 11:27:13 am »
Thanks so much for your reply.  It's reassuring.  I'm not one to obsess over the little things and I'm not a nickel and dime type either.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at a terrible brand or anything.

SquireTrelane

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:50:08 pm »
Tropic Seas is a May Manufacturing product, IE Artesian. Artesian and it's related spas are a solid value and a quality brand.

Looks like Specs and such are very similar to the Island spa line, which is a good upper mid level tub. Less bells and whistles than The Artesian Elite or Island Elites but better than the South Seas or Garden Spa lines.

I have an Island Nevis coming any day now which I went with after months or research.

That's interesting that they're produced by Artesian. Do you think they're the same rubs with a different label on them?

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 06:55:50 pm »
Looks like a slightly cheaper version of the Island series. Options are named slightly different and there are fewer options. Less versions of the same model. The Island Nevis has roughly 6 models with different jet arrangements while the Tropic Season version of the Nevis has 3 models. Might be a special line for some dealers.

Warranty is the same on plumbing and shell, only one year on the enclosure where the Islands are 2 years. Electronics and jets are identical and base specs are exactly the same. Full  foam insulation is an option.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 07:04:26 pm by cranbiz »

SquireTrelane

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 09:26:16 pm »
Looks like a slightly cheaper version of the Island series. Options are named slightly different and there are fewer options. Less versions of the same model. The Island Nevis has roughly 6 models with different jet arrangements while the Tropic Season version of the Nevis has 3 models. Might be a special line for some dealers.

Warranty is the same on plumbing and shell, only one year on the enclosure where the Islands are 2 years. Electronics and jets are identical and base specs are exactly the same. Full  foam insulation is an option.

Thanks. Can't wait to see your Nevis in its full glory!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 09:26:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42