What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Better to wait until Fall to purchase?  (Read 2788 times)

usleer

Better to wait until Fall to purchase?
« on: March 28, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »
If I want a hot tub now, which is probably peak hot tub buying season, I will pretty much be paying full retail.  However, if I wait until fall when new models are coming out and dealers want to move old inventory I can get a discount.  Is this true?  If so, how much of a discount should I expect.  I realize I would be limited on selection going this route.

Hot Tub Forum

Better to wait until Fall to purchase?
« on: March 28, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »

Sam

Re: Better to wait until Fall to purchase?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 02:06:06 pm »
Covid has completely changed the way our industry functions.  You will probably not get a better deal in the fall.  Everyone is increasing their prices right now due to supply chain issues.  Also, if you order one now you would probably be lucky to get it by fall.

If you want a hot tub, I would do it sooner than later.  I don't think that our industry will recover from Covid for several years.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 02:07:34 pm »
Pre-Covid, maybe.  During Covid, no. 

Waiting until fall to purchase will only result in you waiting until spring for your hot tub.  Demand is high, inventory is low and manufacturers cannot keep up.  The likelihood this changes by fall is zero.  Plus I highly doubt there will be much if any changes for next year. 

I would just focus on finding the hot tub you want and one that is within your desired budget using todays price structure.  There is a decent chance prices will go up for next year too due to manufacturing costs, component costs and freight rate increases.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 06:05:31 pm »
Covid has completely changed the way our industry functions.  You will probably not get a better deal in the fall.  Everyone is increasing their prices right now due to supply chain issues.  Also, if you order one now you would probably be lucky to get it by fall.

If you want a hot tub, I would do it sooner than later.  I don't think that our industry will recover from Covid for several years.

There is no "old inventory" and If you want a "discount" sharpen your negotiation skills. Perhaps the only way to save a few bucks these days is on getting accessories and delivery thrown in the deal.  Have a plan and stick to your budget.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 03:19:51 pm »
expect to pay 5-10% more in the Fall, nothing is going down in cost, only up and it will probably get worse for 2021 anyway

Hot Tub SC

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 11:08:38 pm »
Hi.  I agree with others that you are better off getting one sooner than later once you know what you want.  We ordered one in January and was told we would have it March/April.  We just found out that the manufacturer could barely make production numbers and they would not know when and if it would come in this year for this brand.  Our dealer helped us pick out another one, slightly more expensive but with higher quality, which we will get  next week as there are 2 in inventory.  But I can tell you prices will be going up and you will be waiting longer as time goes on.  COVID definitely changed things.  However, we are excited to get our SunDance hot tub next week.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 11:08:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42