What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: has anyone heard of this  (Read 4942 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
has anyone heard of this
« on: September 30, 2004, 12:42:13 pm »
This is a post I read on another board.....

"Just a note- hydrotherapy is different for everyone. The smaller jets simulate an acupuncture massage- which many people find more relaxing than the others. Both are great for hydrotherapy. Having variety is a good thing (at least as far as jets go....)"...

That is a spin on things I have never heard of. Smaller jets  usually  means itchy skin for me. The thought, that thier design is to simulate acupuncture is something I am unaware of. Has anyone else heard that is their purpose

Hot Tub Forum

has anyone heard of this
« on: September 30, 2004, 12:42:13 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: has anyone heard of this
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 01:00:08 pm »
Isn't accupuncture poking a really skinny needle into some target on the body to block pain?  If so, I wouldn't think that could be simulated with water pressure.  

I've also heard of accupressure that does similar by using finger pressure instead of needles.  Maybe those jets are closer to accupressure?
Brewman
Brewman

Tubber

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 01:49:11 pm »
That should have said accupressure. Properly placed jets hitting your pressure points will give a much better massage thoughout.

marty

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 02:05:58 pm »
Yeah and it can make you real sore also if there's to much pressure.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 02:12:56 pm »
Tubber;

Please explain how the "accupressure" massage is "better".

I beleive that the hydro massage is just as subjective as tub preference. I prefer large (5" diameter ie. D-1 VCR Rotator or Waterway Power Storm "Roto") rotating single stream jets. I like the way they feel more than accupressure jets. Does this me I like inferior jets/massage?
Homeworks Financing Representative

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 02:46:09 pm »
Now that's interesting...
I imagine there is some validity that jet placement on acupuncture/pressure meridians would be beneficial but I wonder how many tub manufacturers think of that? and how many spa shoppers have a clue about meridian locations? How effective would such placement be considering that not every person is the exact same height and size...

quite a "spin" indeed as is how the bigger jets stimulate a Sumo wrestling massage
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 02:46:32 pm by empolgation »
e

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 03:24:31 pm »
How effective would such placement be considering that not every person is the exact same height and size...quite a "spin" indeed
Great point.

I have people coming in from time to time asking if our spas have certain types of special, medically-designed massage action 'like the guy down the street has.'

It can range from "major muscle groups," which I can understand, to "accupressure meridians - or pressure points." I can't find two people who fit on a bench the exact same way, so the idea of a jet hitting something as specific as a meridian or similar pressure point is amazing. I'm not saying it can't happen, but the people would have to know all about the exact spot they want massaged, and then I would still recommend a wet test to verify it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 05:50:33 pm »
You know, this is something I found with the wrist jets.  They hit me in the middle of my palm (being vertically challenged)!!!

I'm sure they work great, for the people who are the perfect size for these tubs.  I just use other jets for my wrists, it is easy enough!

I'm not sure a tub could be made to hit everyone in those accupressure points.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 07:22:26 pm »
The answer is a shell, vacuum formed for each person who uses the spa, using their body as a mold.  Each person would have their own custom seat or lounger, with computer placed jets that hit just the right places!
That wouldn't cost much extra, would it?

Brewman
Brewman

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 07:43:38 pm »
Brewman;

Thats a $300 upgrade.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 07:43:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42