What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS CoverCradleŽ RCS vs. Upright RCS  (Read 3065 times)

TimC

HS CoverCradleŽ RCS vs. Upright RCS
« on: September 29, 2004, 09:08:18 pm »
Delivery is Friday and we currently have the Upright RCS on order, but how do you that know this product think it "feels"?  

Does it feel as if it is looming over you?

Is it a better lifter than the CoverCradle in terms of
ease of use
lifespan
stress on the cover

Thanks

Tim

Hot Tub Forum

HS CoverCradleŽ RCS vs. Upright RCS
« on: September 29, 2004, 09:08:18 pm »

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
Re: HS CoverCradleŽ RCS vs. Upright RCS
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 10:46:56 am »
I have a Vista and the dealer gave me a Coverlifter 1 so I cannot say which is better.  On my setup, about half of the cover is above the tub.  If you need provacy that is a good thing.  
What is the dealer charging for those 2 systems?

Jonathan

TimC

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 11:26:55 am »
Hi NTT

The cost for both is a $150 upgrade from a Cover Butler that they include as standard.

Are you happy with the sturdiness of the setup?

Monarch

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 11:47:55 am »
I purchased a Sovereign (LOVE IT) and found the standard coverlifter that came with the spa to be sturdy and very easy to use.  As one other stated, half of it stands above the spa, but is not bothersome - it stands away from the spa enough so that the folks sitting in the seats behind it don't notice it, and it provides us with the needed privacy from that angle.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 01:15:44 pm »
We had the Cover Breeze Installed which is a full uprught on a hydrolic lift system for several reasons. One and most important, My wife who has RA and our two kids who are still young needed something easy to lift. Second, the wind blows predominently from the west and that is where it is installed and also acts as a great privacy barrier as that is the only side we have a neigbour on. Finally, space. the cover breeze only needs a min of 10'' in clearance which was another consideration for us.

HAd we not needed any of that I would have prefered the one that slips down the side of the tub to give a full 360 view. But the most important for us was the back and side yars which overlooks a ravine and wooded area.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 05:36:41 pm »
The Cradle and the Upright are about the same as far as longevity and sturdiness. I like the Upright for Pirvacy and the Cradle for ease of use.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 05:36:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42