What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wow the hot tub market is crazy! Should I pull the trigger on this Marquis?  (Read 2006 times)

Col_Forbin

I've owned a number of hot tubs over the past 35 years -- starting with a wooden tub from Almost Heaven in the late 1980's and, currently, a LA Spas tub that was at my house when I bought it and is still keeping the water warm and pumps circulating 21+ years after it was manufactured. But, with a yard remodel on the calendar I thought it was a good time to look at replacing my tub. Apparently, me and EVERYBODY ELSE.  I've been reading the forums here and have seen just how tight things are. 

Typically I've bought used, and let somebody else take the depreciation hit, which got me a great deal on a Hot Springs and a Jacuzzi tub in the past. This time around, there seems to be no real good options on Craigslist, Next-door or Facebook Marketplace (no, sorry, I'm not buying your 10 year old Costco tub for $2K). So, I started to look at new tubs. Calling around to local dealers it's clear that there are months long waits for the good brands, less of a wait for less reputable brands.

The local Marquis factory outlet store has a Vegas Elite that they ordered last year and scheduled to come in May that they'll sell me. It fits my needs in terms of size, reviews all seem to be good (for the most part) and I like that it is built here in Oregon. I'm looking at about $10500 out the door for the tub with delivery, start-up kit, cover, lifter etc. This price seems high compared to what I've seen others post over the past year but then again, these are COVID times. This is a discount off their list price and less than they would charge somebody today to do a custom order (ETA summer).

I wasn't planning to drop $10K on a new hot tub. But if I want something not many months out, this might be my best option. Do I keep trying to nurse mine along a bit longer? Keep an eye on the used market and hope something comes up? Or should I just be happy I found SOMETHING I can get in the next 3 months, with a small discount, and get excited for a new spa for the first time in 35 years since they were wooden?

I have 3 days to decide -- I did put a refundable deposit down -- and welcome your opinions.  Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
That price is right on par with what I sell that tub for as well. Pricing has risen considerably over the last year. May is a good time frame especially right now on a new tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42