What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: replacement recirc pump question  (Read 1723 times)

Ndamico

replacement recirc pump question
« on: February 06, 2021, 03:15:24 am »
hi,

2008 sundance hamilton. was getting FL-1 code. replaced the flow sensor. same error. it works for a while- maybe hours, maybe a day before error returns. i'm thinking the recirc pump is bad. its a Laing E10-NSHN2W-20. should I replace it with the same or is the a better upgrade that is plug and play?

thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

replacement recirc pump question
« on: February 06, 2021, 03:15:24 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: replacement recirc pump question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 08:13:45 am »
How old are your filters?...How often do you clean your filters? Remove them for a few days and see if the FL1 comes back.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 08:21:32 am »
hi,

2008 sundance hamilton. was getting FL-1 code. replaced the flow sensor. same error. it works for a while- maybe hours, maybe a day before error returns. i'm thinking the recirc pump is bad. its a Laing E10-NSHN2W-20. should I replace it with the same or is the a better upgrade that is plug and play?

thanks in advance

13 years is a good run for that pump. Try the filters first then why not the same pump? The next one will likely outlive the tub.
Retired

A.O.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 08:28:54 am »
I'd have to agree with the two above, check your filters first. When was the last time you changed them?

Ndamico

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 01:05:07 pm »
i've replaced the filters when the error first started.  i do notice when i power the hot tub on the recirc pump will pulse several times which i can see on the flow switch. it will start to close the stop, repeat a few times then eventually the pump will start and run for a while. i never paid enough attention before to know if the pulsing on the pump after hot tub power was normal for air bleeding, or if that in itself indicates the pump is on the way out.

regarding replacement brand, i was asking as i bought this tub used 5 years ago and don't know if its the original pump or not.

thanks

How old are your filters?...How often do you clean your filters? Remove them for a few days and see if the FL1 comes back.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 01:05:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42