What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Cal Spas Cancun initial impressions.  (Read 1866 times)

A.O.

New Cal Spas Cancun initial impressions.
« on: January 24, 2021, 01:26:42 pm »
Well after a long drawn out Covid time search and buy effort My new Cal Spas Cancun arrived last Wednesday day!! WHOOHOO!

Started back around the end of august when my last tub got killed by lightning.

Fit and finish looks great, easy to set up, and no airlock after filling... went right into prime mode then into regular heating mode, no messing with it. As I said fit and finish looks great, the controls are smooth as silk to operate, changing pump pressure around to different jets, adding or taking away air mix to jets, all very nice!
Main control panel is Balboa and is pretty straight forward as far as how it works. Had the exact same control set up on a POS Artesian tub we had for a little over a month a while ago so I already knew how to run them.
This tub is a 93 x 93 incher so its the largest tub we've ever had and I'm liking the extra room in it, seats are spacious with a vast array of different jets, the 4 corner seats all have there own foot jets and there is a "volcano" jet in the center that is just incredible. (they didn't call it a volcano but that is how it acts!). ! also like the fact that feet aren't touching all the time in the oversized footwell! It also has a "cool off" seat that puts you about half out of the water which I like, and it has its own foot jets as well.
The " Cal Armor" cover is nice, instead of the normal vinyl or pleather material covering this has a umbrella type material on it. I like it but we will see how it lasts I guess.

For a cover lifter I bought a Vision Lift Boomerang cover lifter, its a bit more expensive than a lot of other ones but I like the fact it does not stand the cover way up high in the air it sets the cover all the way down on the ground so it does not block the view on one side of the tub.

No, I have no affiliation to Cal Spas except as a new customer..

Here is is if you want to see it.

https://youtu.be/KAEVNd0r_hk

Hot Tub Forum

New Cal Spas Cancun initial impressions.
« on: January 24, 2021, 01:26:42 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Cal Spas Cancun initial impressions.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 10:02:28 pm »
Nice drone work....Like that cover lifter. Not really all that familiar with cal spas. Check back periodically to let us know how you like it and how the quality and relatability on it is

A.O.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 08:51:42 am »
Nice drone work....Like that cover lifter. Not really all that familiar with cal spas. Check back periodically to let us know how you like it and how the quality and relatability on it is

Thanks, and I will do that. I am not that familiar with Cal Spas either. I looked at all the spas I could find, did research on everything then weighed all my options... size ,reputation, options, price, dealer backing, yada yada yada and went with this one, I will see how it does and report back, a little curious myself!
I like that lifter as well, I hate having vision blocked in one direction. looked at all my options there as well and went with this one.
So far so good on both....

Backcountryluv

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 03:01:38 pm »
Looks great.  That cover lifter will be my first accessory purchase when the included one wears out or I get tired of being blocked in on one side.  Be sure to report back on the spa after you’ve had it a bit. Enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 03:01:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42