What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima Filtration Cycles  (Read 3016 times)

Max78

Optima Filtration Cycles
« on: September 27, 2004, 10:52:52 pm »
What is a sufficient amount of time to run the 4 filter cycles?  My Optima was set at 6 a.m., 12 p.m., 6 p.m., and 12 a.m.  They were set for 30 minutes each but I changed them to one hour each.  Is this long enough and are these times okay?

Hot Tub Forum

Optima Filtration Cycles
« on: September 27, 2004, 10:52:52 pm »

rick

Re: Optima Filtration Cycles
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 12:31:15 am »
don't those Optimas's have that incredible device called a 24/7 circulation pump?  I wouldn't think one would have to set any filter cycles when one has the cureall of all filtration/cleaning pumps.  :)

Mine (Coleman) was set for 2 three hour cycles per day when I got it, but I have tailored it down to 2 two hour cycles, and I can't tell the difference.  Will try to knock it down another  2 hours and see if that's good enough too.  I guess it also depends on how efficient your filtration is.

Biased quote coming:

I think Coleman's filtration system is tops.  It wasn't one of the things that was important to me before buying it; never really thought about it.  But after I got it, boy was I impressed.   I even talked to many dealers who sold Colemans and also had another line in their store, ie: Caldera, D1, Master, HotSpring ,etc.,   and each of the dealers told me straight up, that the Colemans kick their other spas' butts when it comes to filtration.  Also quieter too.  Ok, 1 pump on low speed, doing the filter cycle is not quite as silent as a 24/7 pump, but you have to walk right up to the spa to hear it.  It's that quiet.  And when both pumps are on high,  nobody is as quiet with theirs on high.  When I say nobody, I mean the other brands I have personally seen,  HS, D1, Sundance, Master, Marquis.   I just wonder how MAXX pulled it off with its inferior thermopane design???
Some smart engineers over there.  They must have worked for Coleman once!!  :)

Just to let you know,  I am expecting the residuals from MAXX any day now.  Spahappy told me not to hold my breath though.  :)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 07:36:49 am »
If you water is staying clean, then I'd think your filter times are adequate.  We stayed with the factory setting and are satisfied with the water quailty.  
Brewman  
Brewman

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 07:40:01 am »
Rick, what about the filtration cycle is tops?

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 09:34:30 am »
We also changed our filtration cycles on our Optima to 4 times a day for 1 hour instead of the 30 minutes.  I mostly did this because our 24 hour circ pump cuts off quite a bit due to the warm weather.  Once the temp gets 2 degrees above the set temp the circ pump / ozonator shut off and stay off until the temp is back down the set temp.  This could take several hours (if not more).  I did notice that the water was clearer once the filtration cycles were increased.   Maybe once the temp lowers I'll change the cycles back to the default and see what it's like.

Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 10:02:35 am »
When I purchased my Optima, the dealer set the filter times to one hour four times a day.  I now have them set at 30 minutes X 4 with no water quality change.  My advise is to start at one hour and over time reduce until you are finding issues.  You may find you only need fifteen minutes or maybe just your soaking time with pumps on filtering is enough.

The 850 controls are so flexible that you can customize your filtration to what works best for you.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 12:17:46 pm »
The filtration that is set from the factory I believe is filtration 4 times per day (6am, 12 noon, 6pm and 12 midnight) at 20 min each. Note that this is for pump one which goes through the filters. Pump 2 only goes on for one minute to purge the line into the tub and then cuts off as does the blower. Pump one does not kick on high as it only filters on the low setting.  Crystal clear water sine the start. An low on energy consumption.

Max78

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 03:49:21 pm »
Why, Rick, thank you for noticing that the Optima is incredible.  I have to agree with you...I think it is incredible, too!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 03:49:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42