What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie deciding on 2 spas.  (Read 2924 times)

Beachmaster

Newbie deciding on 2 spas.
« on: September 27, 2004, 04:11:11 am »
My wife and I are searching for a new spa and have narrowed it down to 2.
The first one is an Adirondack (made by Saratoga Spas) “Georgian”. The price is normally $6000, there’s a sale going on and it’s now $4999.  The deal I got after “wheelin’ and dealin’” is the spa, cover, start-up kit, steps, cover lifter, GFCI box, LED mood light, and free delivery for just the price of the spa.

The second one, which we haven’t wet tested yet, is an Island spas (made by Artesian Spas) “Antigua”. The price is $5143, which includes waterfall, delivery and cover. I haven’t done my dealing yet since we haven’t wet tested it yet, but I know I can get a better deal on it.

My question is, which one of these is a better spa? They are comparable to each other as far as features. Jet numbers, seating, types of jets, the only real difference is that the Georgian is bigger.

Is there anyone that is familiar with both of them that can give us some input, (comparison)? Or at least familiar with one and let us know your experiences with them, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie deciding on 2 spas.
« on: September 27, 2004, 04:11:11 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Newbie deciding on 2 spas.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 11:01:58 am »
Saratoga -

Looks like a good value, sounds like you made a good deal price wise. I don't know anyone with this brand of spa, but when people mention new spas, I like to look at the website and the specs.  Many spas this size have 2 pumps, this has one (I think there is an old thread about 1 pump vs 2. )   My spa and many others advertise 5.5kw heaters, this one says 4kw.  Is that significant?  Or is it another case of confusing specs such as how spas list thier horsepower differently.?  This tub is similar to mine in total gallons and it can take a while to heat up with cold water.  

I'll let some of the experienced spa techs here comment about the 4kw heater.

Artesian

I like the jet options here, the lounger jet s look like they will hit the hamstring area, something lacking in my lounger.  I notice it has two pumps (my preference)  This one mentions a  5.5kw heater.

I'd lean towards the artesion just based on 5 minutes of web browsing  ;D  Have you wet tested either?

Again, I haven't known any owners of either spa. The price on both look reasonable.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 12:10:16 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

keesterdog

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 12:06:30 pm »
i want to give you something to think about.
bigger is not necessarily better.   a bigger spa will be more expensive to operate.  i.e. more water to heat, more surface area which will allow for more heat loss, it will use more chemicals etc.  personally i wish i had opted for the smaller spa with more features than the big one at the same price point.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 12:13:11 pm »
.  personally i wish i had opted for the smaller spa with more features than the big one at the same price point.

I have to come down on the other side of this one. We have a family of three.  My wife first wanted to get a 4 person spa.  We went for a larger 6 person spa, and we are all glad we did.   With three of us, we are comfortable and can move around between seats and when we have guests, 6 of us can be quite comfortable.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 10:35:29 pm »
I think that you are comparing comparable manufacturers.  Is the Saratoga spa you're looking at on the lower end of their line?  You're looking at the lower end Artisian.  Just know that if the price of anything is $1000 less than what you have been told, then the real value of that product is a $1000 less than what you've been told.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 10:35:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42